I don't love it when...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 10th June 2016, 02:58

Re: I don't love it when...

Code:
Rupert the Wild comes into view. He is wielding a battleaxe of distortion.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 21st June 2016, 18:16

Code:
You climb downwards.
2 player ghosts come into view.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 2nd July 2016, 23:57

Code:
As you read the scroll of identify {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
S - the +8 arbalest of a treasure trove {elec, Int+4 Stlth+}

Damn it, I have +9 demon trident and 11 levels in shield.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 4th July 2016, 18:30

Crawl is trolling me. I was going to play a MiAK with long blades and light armour.
First I found this:
  Code:
  3561 | D:4      | Identified the +5 shield of Vanity {Stlth+} (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)

Fine, I will be a stabber with a shield, quite unusual for Mi, started training shield and stealth.
Then I got this:

Code:
 10389 | D:11     | Identified the +6 great sword of Chaos {holy, rN+ Dex+4} (You acquired it on level 11 of the Dungeon)

Fine, I will be a stabber without shield, stopped training shields.

and then I find +1 CPA in less than 1k turns in Lab :(
  Code:
 11188 | Lab      | Banished a minotaur

No light armour, no shield and no stabbing, I am a standard Mi :(

Edit. Also +9 rod of clouds and a ring with rF+, rN+, stealth+

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 4th July 2016, 18:50

Just start over. That character has basically won.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 4th July 2016, 18:54

Same game
  Code:
Really quaff J - a potion of beneficial mutation {!q}?
The horns on your head grow some more.
The +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR++} falls away!
You feel strangely alone. You feel fantastic!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 14:04

Agnes shows up with a vampiric lajatang, quaffing a potion of rage and i find out i dont have teleport.
You shall never see my color again.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 17:07

dynast wrote:Agnes shows up with a vampiric lajatang, quaffing a potion of rage and i find out i dont have teleport.

So kill her, take the laj, and win.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 11th July 2016, 19:16

Rast wrote:
dynast wrote:Agnes shows up with a vampiric lajatang, quaffing a potion of rage and i find out i dont have teleport.

So kill her, take the laj, and win.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19-a0-958-gd69d43c (webtiles) character file.

128497 Dynast the Devastator (level 17, -6/106 HPs)
             Began as a Tengu Wanderer on July 9, 2016.
             Was a High Priest of Vehumet.
             Mangled by Agnes
             ... wielding a +2 vampiric lajatang
              (52 damage)
             ... on level 1 of the Elven Halls on July 11, 2016.
             The game lasted 02:06:51 (35991 turns).

Done and done.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Sar

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 12th July 2016, 19:56

You use a Tele scroll to escape a situation and get dumped somewhere just as bad if not worse.

Like teleporting from Signmund into Grinder's face.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 16th July 2016, 00:44

demonspawn.png

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 19th July 2016, 12:03

Code:
15459 | Lair:3   | You fall through a shaft for 3 floors!
 15459 | Lair:6   | Entered Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts
 15503 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 15665 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15666 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15667 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15785 | Lair:5   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 15786 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 15821 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15822 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15822 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 15824 | Lair:5   | Noticed a death yak
 16404 | Lair:3   | Noticed an ice dragon
 16415 | Lair:3   | Noticed a green death
 16773 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 68/73 MP: 18/18
 16791 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 16792 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 16792 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 17087 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 14 in Staves
 17200 | Lair:3   | Killed an ice dragon
 17200 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 17321 | Lair:3   | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 17476 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 18345 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 18347 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 18348 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 18350 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 18377 | Lair:3   | Killed a death yak
 18377 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 18470 | Lair:4   | Noticed Kirke
 18569 | Lair:4   | Noticed a death yak
 18577 | Lair:3   | Killed a death yak
 18578 | Lair:3   | Killed a death yak
 18798 | Lair:3   | Banished a death yak
 18952 | Lair:3   | Killed a death yak
 18967 | Lair:3   | Killed a death yak
 19471 | Lair:4   | Noticed a sphinx
 19624 | Lair:4   | Killed a death yak
 19624 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 62/78 MP: 19/23
 19663 | Lair:4   | Killed Kirke

My poor, fragile DEGl... dozens of death yaks, 1 ice dragon and several hundred turns on lair:5 searching for the upstairs with two packs of death yaks and one pack of hounds behind them :lol:

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 24th July 2016, 08:17

Wooohooo! A PDA on Lair:6!

I'm sure it's there because I'm playing a Dr...

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 03:37

You're playing a harder than usual start, the kind that takes some effort and dedication to get going past the first adder you see. Formicid Fire Elementalist, in my case, but any number of deep elves or tengu or what have you should be able to relate. It's D:2, and you've finally obtained some decent stuff that should help ensure that you'll get somewhere, perhaps even something rather unusual and fun; in my case, I wrested a +7 club off of Robin after a pretty fun stair dancing battle with her and her small horde. Great! The game's getting pretty exciting. This is quite nice.

Oh, look. It's Ijyb. She's not wielding another ridiculous club and her armor seems normal, looks like easy experie-

The acid burns! You die...

Few things in Crawl ever bother me anymore. It's a great game and I generally enjoy most everything about it. It's been a few years now since I started and I enjoy it probably as much or more than I ever have in the past. But this, this situation here always bugs me. Almost no one is going to be able to survive more than two turns with something zapping a wand of acid in sight on D:2, much less a magic using background that will inevitably have low defensive stats at the very start of the game. Extremely dangerous weapon brands such as venom or electrocution are nowadays mercifully mentioned to the player without the necessity of being whacked by them first, and potentially troublesome armors are at least visible as glowing, runed, etc. when a monster is examined with x-v. Wands have no such warning. You have no idea whatsoever that something has a potentially instantly lethal acid stick in its inventory until your face is already melted into a thick yellow goo. The most you can do is flee from Ijyb as soon as you encounter her on principle, but she's not the only monster in the game that can randomly have an extremely disproportionately dangerous wand and it generally strikes me as an entirely pointless method of player execution. Ijyb in particular can show up early enough to make this exceptionally ridiculous.

For this message the author Blomdor has received thanks: 3
and into, Queen Cassie, WingedEspeon

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 10:34

I don't love it when I run into Kirke in the Lair. Like seriously Captain what are you even doing there jeeez. You're bad enough when I run into you in a Lair BRANCH.
Wins: MiFi(6,15), MiBe(11), SpEn(11), DDHu(3), GrEE(3), GnEE(6), VpEn(15)

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 11:10

Blomdor wrote:Oh, look. It's Ijyb. She's not wielding another ridiculous club and her armor seems normal, looks like easy experie-

The acid burns! You die...

Wait, didn't devs remove this? The only time i got wrecked by a high tier wand in the hands of an early monster (Ijyb with acid too) this year happened to me on April Fools. I was playing the latest trunk build and thought i got trolled by the dev team.
Since i'm trying to streak games online, this actually bothers me.
Offline greaterplayer (who cares). I don't always play online, but when i do, i streak felids.
Zot:5 on easy mode video
Double Skullcrusher

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 11:58

This was in .18, so it is present at least in the latest stable version. Whether this has been changed at all in trunk, I would not know. It's certainly not a tweak I'd disagree with, haha.

Another scenario that occasionally emerges to cause some frustration is when, upon taking the risk of equipping an unidentified item and finding that it is cursed, one proceeds to fight bitterly down to Lair or even further in particularly bad instances without finding a single scroll of remove curse. I ran into this one today not long after getting melted by Ijyb. I barely scraped by with +0 leather stuck to me down to D:13 before finally giving in and ctrl-q'ing upon deciding that it simply wasn't worth the effort (it helped that I was pursued by a small horde of slime creatures and other nasty things that I could not hope to survive if I were forced to fight). Bonus points if you gather a small collection of much more useful equipment that takes up the same slot in the process.

The same sort of thing can happen with potions of curing and other normally common consumables that make life in the dungeon exponentially more bearable, though in that case you may be mercifully dispatched by some venomous thing before it drags on for quite so long. In the late game, cure mutation will sometimes decide not to exist, which can be a bother if, like myself, you're really not very good at avoiding mutation spam and you have an odd preference for taking Slime as your third rune.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 12:46

Couple of days ago one of my character died to crimson imp with lightning wand, in 0.18 webtiles. This was retarded.

http://underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/Ba ... 170405.txt

For this message the author BabyRage has received thanks: 2
vergil, ZoFy

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 23:34

Trog or Oka gift a weapon of distortion. Which, in my case, I only equipped because I was using slicing weapons and would have liked a flame brand for hydras instead of relying on a +3 trident. I didn't need it, mind you, just would have appreciated it. It's a god gift, what are the chances, right? High enough, evidently.

Distortion's strength as a brand aside, I loathe using it and would rather die in the Abyss than be stuck with it until XL20 or God knows when I'll be relatively certain that Abyss will be easy to survive. Honestly, though, the only part of this equation that I would really complain about is hydras. Nothing else in the game encourages me to perform this sort of silly brand hunting and weapon swapping. I'll gladly do Crypt without holy wrath or Zot sans antimagic, but going to the trouble of zapping every hydra I see with wands or poking it to death with a bad to mediocre weapon when I have a perfectly good battleaxe on hand just because whoops I didn't take bludgeoning weapons or simply go unarmed, that I will risk distortion unwielding to avoid.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 01:10

You have over 30 SH, reflection, and are hitting a deep elf annihilator with an antimagic battleaxe at mindelay, but it still crystal spears you for 60+ damage and kills you.

Addendum: Elementalists make Elf:3 horrible for formicids. The "degenerate" tactic they devote their entire existence to preventing is an essential racial ability of Fo, and if one of them comes running out of the loot vault with a demonologist and/or an annhilator in tow you can very quickly find yourself in a bad situation that you cannot simply teleport or shaft away from. It doesn't help at all that the elves, by nature, behave rather inconsistently and can either do no damage or a monstrous amount of it on any given turn depending on the will of the RNG, so I for one am often lulled into a sense of false security while fighting them, especially annihilators and *especially* if I have a lot of SH. I almost never see that 90+-whatever damage coming when it hits.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 01:49

Reflection doesn't decrease the chance of the crystal spear hitting you at all.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 02:50

Someone dug that "antimagic is a strong brand" meme too deep, you were using a +0 AM baxe instead of your +8 Chop Exec Axe. Also, when doing elf make sure you have at least one silence scroll(which you did have).

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 03:08

Also, don't do Elf if you don't think it's fun to do.
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks: 2
duvessa, vergil

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 03:10

also, don't do elf

(most games, anyways)

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 03:40

Good points, all of you!

Duvessa: I'm aware, but amulets of reflection do increase your SH by a small amount I believe.

It should go without saying to anyone who's looked at the morgue or watched me play that yes, I'm completely horrible at the game and forget the most basic, ridiculous things. How I've managed as many wins as I have, I do not really know. Beating my head against the keyboard until it works, I like to say.

The idea of antimagic being a magically (ba-dum *tish*) overpowered brand was instilled in me very early on and I legitimately thought it would increase my chances of survival more than freaking Frostbite. Lesson learned, I suppose.

Elf is fun, generally, but after a long stretch of Fo play it's becoming clear that it's often not a good idea to go there. It's just a stupid thing I tend to do, much like doing Orc before Lair. Habit, stubbornness, idiocy, something like that.

The basic point was that it is annoying when you're (stupidly, I know) relying on your high SH to block a crystal spear and it...doesn't. I was going to mention my preference for AC over EV and SH, but then looked it up and discovered that, evidently, crystal spear doesn't care about AC either. Suffice to say, annihilators are bothersome little twerps.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 28th July 2016, 23:13

Code:
 2 basilisks, 2 hell hounds, 2 hydras, 7 hippogriffs, 6 wyverns and 4 rime
 drakes come into view.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 29th July 2016, 17:50

duvessa wrote:Reflection doesn't decrease the chance of the crystal spear hitting you at all.

Reflection doesn't affect the chance of the first one hitting you, true.
But if the reflected crystal spear kills the caster, it reduces the damage and accuracy of all subsequent attacks to 0, so reflection can be said to decrease average damage and accuracy, in a sense.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 06:41

I find Lear's Hawberk, only to discover that formicids cannot wear it.

Edited to reflect some thought on the matter. It does make sense that formicids cannot wear Lear's, but it's still a bummer.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 16:48

Playing as a Merfolk Transmuter Oka keeps throwing +11 artifact polearms at me >:(
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 02:25

Draconian ghosts exist in their current form. It hardly needs elaborated upon.

I'm fully convinced that replacing their bolt of draining with *something* more reasonable as a spammable ranged attack in the early dungeon would have a positive effect on the game. People could play draconians as much as they like without making the game unnecessarily more frustrating to everyone else on the server. The lack of drain bolting or breathing monsters early on, which I'm sure is intentional, would not be subverted randomly and without warning. At the very least, potions of resistance could provide protection against negative energy. I feel like my options as a formicid especially are "run away and be drained if not killed" and "gee, I hope I have lignification and enough firepower." Oh, I suppose there's "shaft myself and hope I don't land inside a swarm of bees," too.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 17:36

Code:
Your surroundings suddenly seem different.
 You are sucked into a shaft! The shaft crumbles and collapses.
Probably a rare message...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 5th August 2016, 09:54

Getting a hidden lair entrance vault when trying to see how long it takes to get a character to lair.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 03:42

Anything giggles and vanishes in a puff of smoke.

If there is one single thing in Crawl today that I think could be zapped into oblivion without changing the game in any noticeable way whatsoever, it is the mimic. They cannot possibly pose any kind of real challenge, as they are entirely harmless and perform no action outside of poofing into nothingness. They may take the place of a shop in Orc, but this merely subtracts one from the entirely variable number that may spawn throughout the game as a whole. Add this to the considerable rarity of any given shop being particularly worthwhile either within or outside of Orc, and it's almost entirely insignificant. In the highly unlikely case that they mimic a timed portal, they cause the player some measure of disappointment, but no more than that; a player that dies rushing to a portal is a dead player whether it's a mimic or not, so the "trap" created in this way seems to be pointless. Outside of these two circumstances, they amount to no more than a message one may see while pressing "o", as far as I can tell.

I'm considering making a thread to ask why these are still in the game, but it might not be worth that much.

For this message the author Blomdor has received thanks: 3
arandomperson12, BabyRage, Shard1697

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 11:05

Blomdor wrote:I'm considering making a thread to ask why these are still in the game, but it might not be worth that much.

Because
  Code:
You see an abyss rune here.
It cackles and vanishes in a puff of smoke. It was a mimic!

Happend to me a few times in Abyss, when I've already cleared a few vaults of enemies with such runes.
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.
In progress: DsWn... Currently out of time. Maybe someday.

Watch my streams here

For this message the author vergil has received thanks:
Sar

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 16:55

Abyss shaft got finally implemented. Yay!
  Code:
You fall through a shaft!
A lich comes into view.
The lich casts a spell at you.
 You are cast into the Abyss!

Nice
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.

Watch my streams here

For this message the author vergil has received thanks: 5
Lasiace, Sandman25, Sar, Shard1697, Sprucery

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 6th August 2016, 21:22

Vergil: well, it's something! Rune mimics like to pop up on Vaults:5 as well, presumably to foil ninjas. I still think they could be zapped without much consequence, though, and Abyss...is annoying enough as it is.

After a particularly frustrating experience with a catoblepas involving reapplication of the petrifying status immediately after turning back to flesh, I'm adding them to the list. It's especially annoying to me because I play many, many formicids, and unlike traditional forms of paralysis it does not respect stasis.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 00:49

o-oh, hi

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 04:00

Shard1697 wrote:
o-oh, hi

Robin has prepared a welcome party for you, with plenty of stickers! And you'll be the guest of honor for dinner!
Wins: MiFi(6,15), MiBe(11), SpEn(11), DDHu(3), GrEE(3), GnEE(6), VpEn(15)

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 7th August 2016, 21:11

Kirke appears.

Porkalator is a *really* odd spell. I learned just now that lignification will not even work while you are under Kirke's personal gimmick spell, because "you are stuck in your current form!" I died after quaffing cancellation, because even that will not instantly revert you. In addition to the usual myriad restrictions, you cannot dig or shaft yourself as a formicid while in pig form. Like so many things, it's really particularly awful for a formicid (unless the pig form temporarily removes the innate stasis, but I would be highly surprised, not to mention the unlikelihood that anyone would be carrying any teleblinking around as a Fo). Like certain other annoying things, it makes me wish I had gone for unarmed combat. I've taken Kirke out before in pigform with some UC trained.

Now I am curious: if you're polymorphed by a wand, are you "stuck" in that form as well? Or is this some strange bending of the rules to accommodate Kirke's gimmick? I'd like to think that quaffing treeform to get out of the rare 'morphing crisis in exchange for rooting yourself in place would be a possible desperation move.

Her summoning Shoals enemies at times (manticores, harpies) as well as sphinxes does not help. Harpies are faster than pigform and will do a huge amount of damage if you try to run for distant stairs. She has the right flavor for Shoals in general; makes me wish she would stay there so I never had to see her onscreen, along with every other obnoxious thing that hangs around there.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 8th August 2016, 08:35

Darksouls.png :x
  Code:
The chain mail is a mimic!
 The chain mail mimic chortles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The scroll of vulnerability is a mimic!
 The scroll mimic giggles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The knobbly glowing staff is a mimic!
_The staff mimic titters and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The phantom mirror is a mimic!
 The phantom mirror mimic chuckles and vanishes!
 The potion of lignification is a mimic!
 The potion mimic titters and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The fifteen gold pieces are a mimic!
 The gold piece mimic giggles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The eighteen gold pieces are a mimic!
_The gold piece mimic guffaws and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
_You now have 517 gold pieces (gained 122).
 The lamp of fire is a mimic!
 The lamp of fire mimic snickers and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The beef jerky is a mimic!
_The beef jerky mimic guffaws and vanishes!
_The curved jewelled rod is a mimic! The rod mimic titters and vanishes!
 The chain mail is a mimic!
 The chain mail mimic chuckles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The scroll of identify is a mimic!
_The scroll mimic chortles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The buckler is a mimic!
 The buckler mimic chortles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The slice of pizza is a mimic!
_The slice of pizza mimic titters and vanishes!
 The staff of wizardry is a mimic!
 The staff of wizardry mimic snickers and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The glowing dagger is a mimic!
 The dagger mimic snickers and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The thick jewelled rod is a mimic!
 The rod mimic chortles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The blackened pearl amulet is a mimic!
 The amulet mimic giggles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The potion of degeneration is a mimic!
_The potion mimic guffaws and vanishes in a puff of smoke!
 The leather armour is a mimic!
_The leather armour mimic chuckles and vanishes in a puff of smoke!

"Nice treasures in Snake Pit you have there", said Xom, and made the whole world a mimic.
If someone asks, why mimics is in the game, show them this.
At least I've got scrolls of immolation left :mrgreen:

P.s there was literally one structure on the whole S:3, and it was full of mimics. That's something new.
onebuilding.PNG
onebuilding.PNG (6.94 KiB) Viewed 16255 times
Online Statistics

Watch my streams here

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 8th August 2016, 09:19

It's actually something pretty old.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2016, 23:08

I...

Get down to D2, put on a ring...a -2 ring of evasion. Great. But at least it's only -2.
Read all my scrolls...but no remove curse. Joy. But at least remove curse is easy to find early on.
Step into a shaft...and get sucked down to D4. Okay. I can pull this out.
A hill giant comes into view...well that's not good. Run. Run, run, and more run.
Grinder comes into view...aaand crap. Seriously. Which god did I piss off now?

That said, the character's not dead yet, though - he hit a lucky teleport trap, and found the stairs.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 11th August 2016, 18:22

Asterion blocks your attack.
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion hits you but does no damage.
You feel drained.
Asterion gores you but does no damage.
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion hits you with a morningstar of draining!!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
You feel drained.
Asterion barely misses you.
Damage: -13%(-29hp) hp: 65%(141hp)
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion hits you with a morningstar of draining!
You feel drained.
Asterion closely misses you.
Damage: -5%(-10hp) hp: 60%(131hp)
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion says, "Your valuables will do nicely in my coffers."
You feel drained.
Damage: -4%(-9hp) hp: 56%(122hp)
Unknown command.
Asterion is almost dead.
You feel drained.
Damage: -6%(-13hp) hp: 50%(109hp)
Asterion is almost dead.
Asterion hits you but does no damage.
You feel drained.
A tarantella comes into view.
Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Zapping: M - a wand of iceblast (7/15)
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line, p - Asterion
The mass of ice explodes! The iceblast engulfs Asterion.
You kill Asterion!

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 13th August 2016, 09:35

Wow. Now I'm really impressed. Dream made real.

Code:
You enter a permanent teleport trap!
 Your surroundings suddenly seem different.
 Oh no! You have blundered into a Zot trap!
 You are cast into the Abyss!

Abyss traps are a real thing now in Zot:5.
Online Statistics

Watch my streams here

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 14th August 2016, 14:01

Code:
The deep elf annihilator points at you and mumbles some strange words.
The crystal spear hits you!
Ouch! That really hurt!
Huge Dmg: -50%(-59hp) hp: 50%(57hp)

That's why scroll of silence is a must for Elf.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th August 2016, 04:04

Code:
q - a shiny golden ring

Ok, the chance to get something bad is quite low and I have 9 different scrolls, one of them must be remove curse.

Code:
Put on which piece of jewellery? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
You feel slightly jumpy. Oops, that ring feels deathly cold.
q - a cursed ring of teleportation (left hand)
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Really read h - 3 scrolls labeled NODGHEL COLOJ {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled NODGHEL COLOJ {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
It is a scroll of identify.
Identify which item? (\ to view known items) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
i - a potion of cancellation {!q}; q - 2 scrolls of identify {!r}
h - a cursed ring of teleportation (left hand)
Your horns disappear.
Really read p - a scroll labeled WINOGO BAJU {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled WINOGO BAJU {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
It is a scroll of recharging.
You aren't carrying any rechargeable items.
Really read o - a scroll labeled GEINIO EW ONWEAGI {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled GEINIO EW ONWEAGI {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
It is a scroll of enchant armour.
Enchant which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Your +0 robe glows green for a moment.
Really read l - a scroll labeled BIMUGEP ACAA {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled BIMUGEP ACAA {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
It is a scroll of enchant weapon.
You aren't carrying any weapons that can be enchanted.
Unknown command.
Really read f - a scroll labeled FAIJUA BAOXT {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled FAIJUA BAOXT {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
The air around you briefly surges with heat, but it dissipates.
It was a scroll of immolation {!r}.
Really read g - a scroll labeled CITRYPS NEERU {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled CITRYPS NEERU {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
The scroll dissolves into smoke. It was a scroll of fog {!r}.
Really read k - a scroll labeled GUCUJOH TUIFIN {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled GUCUJOH TUIFIN {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
You feel strangely unstable.
It was a scroll of teleportation {!r}.
Really read m - a scroll labeled YWU GAFOBEBRE {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled YWU GAFOBEBRE {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
You assume a fearsome visage. Nothing appears to happen.
It was a scroll of fear {!r}.
Really read n - a scroll labeled JUYPOYSEDGH {!r}?
As you read the scroll labeled JUYPOYSEDGH {!r}, it crumbles to dust.
You feel aware of your surroundings. You sensed 3 altars.
It was a scroll of magic mapping {!r}.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th August 2016, 13:24

And people say curses and identification minigame are irrelevant!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th August 2016, 13:28

Sar wrote:And people say curses and identification minigame are irrelevant!

But they are irrelevant, I didn't die because of that ring and didn't have to use any consumable because of that ring (being SpTm with Sticks to Snakes and Spider Form at low failure rate because of ring of wizardry and +3 aptitude in Tm helps ;)).
I died on D3 to killer bees (not sure what they were doing there, I spent just 200 turns on the level) and that ring actually had a chance to SAVE me.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th August 2016, 13:39

If they were not relevant you wouldn't post that occurrence in this thread!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th August 2016, 13:41

Sar wrote:If they were not relevant you wouldn't post that occurrence in this thread!

It was relevant for my emotional feeling, I got scared. But it had zero impact on the game. Maybe the ring should teleport player every 50 turns or so to be always relevant and not luck-based. I still was able to reach stairs and rest upstairs every time I wanted.
PreviousNext

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner