Melee Rework

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 20:51

Melee Rework

Stamina - Stamina is spent to execute melee attacks, with the cost being higher the stronger the weapon is. Stamina recovers slowly over time and can be increased by training fighting. Trog followers recover stamina from killing enemies while Okawaru followers can meditate to recover stamina.

Misswing effects - missing attacks have a chance to cause side effects(You accidentally sends the +9 executioner's axe of holy wrath flying through the room! You hear a splash. You awkwardly miss the kobold and hit yourself on the back of the head. Ouch! that really hurt!)

Sweating - As you fight enemies in melee combat you start building up sweat, sweating will cause water to create below you, causing your attacks to fumble and...(You are sweating a lot! You fall into your own sweat! You sink like a stone! You drown... You die...)

...Have i gone too far on that one?
You shall never see my color again.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
duvessa

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 20:57

Re: Melee Rework

What's the point? Stamina sounds annoying (encourages resting) "Misswing" is even worse (carry more weapons, lure enemies back to tiny rooms/rooms where you can walk around them to pick your weapon back up?) Sweating sounds tedious and even abusable

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 20:58

Sounds like you saw too many Charlie Chaplin movies recently.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 21:02

then we can make some ranged-melee attacks that you get as your skill increases, like throwing your axe at the enemy, summoning a bunch of axes to help you axe, a huge axe that explodes and damages everything around you

sounds fun bro

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 3
all before, andreas, ydeve

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 21:19

axenado

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 21:39

it's like i'm really posting in cyc

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 22:29

yeah dark souls is pretty cool
take it easy

For this message the author Arrhythmia has received thanks:
triorph

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 23:20

We have a full featured stamina system in the circus animals fork. I have a lot of fun with it myself, but it's definitely still a work in progress requiring a lot of tweaking. It adds considerable depth to the game though, with a feeble spellcaster no longer able to just pick up an executioner's axe and swing it around. They could, but their stamina will be exhausted in 2 swings. Choosing the right weapon has so much more meaning, and deciding when to run away from a fight before your stamina is completely exhausted (since you will need it to run away), is crucial to survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 23:25

I know this probably wasn't even a serious suggestion, but it's quite playable and can be a lot of fun. There is more to learn, just like any new gameplay mechanic, but once you learn the basics it's not as tedious as it sounds, as long as you have a good implementation that does most of the work for you. I've probably played 50 games or so using the new stamina system. Most of the rough edges have been worked out. Be sure to read the basic strategy guide and cheat sheet before trying it, or it may be a bit confusing. And feel free to post any questions or problems in the github issues page. They are usually responded to quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner