sif's new ability - magic save

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

KSK

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 02:28

sif's new ability - magic save

magic save [*****.]

- like delayed fireball, save spell in ability(but non-instant, just one spell)
- mp/piety cost(same saved spell level)

:lol:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 02:43

Re: sif's new ability - magic save

this needs to be on the won't do list

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, nago, Tiktacy, ydeve

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 06:36

Whats with the laughing emoji? It sort of makes it seem like this thread belongs in yiufs corner.

Aside from having been suggested and rejected many times before, this level of content is not up to GDD's standards. Before you click submit, review your post and make sure you list: The purpose of your proposal, what your proposal IS, and how exactly it will fix or improve some aspect of the game. Fixes to the game can be very short and sweet, but actual new effects or monsters being added into the game warrants some serious breaking down analysis a lot of the time. Sometimes it can be simple if you are only trying to create discussion, but if you are genuinely suggesting an addition to the game then you really can't get away with half assed thread OP's like this.

You should really read the guidelines before you make any further posts as well. Don't be too discouraged, most people end up making some mistakes on their first try in GDD.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

KSK

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 08:26

Tiktacy wrote:Whats with the laughing emoji? It sort of makes it seem like this thread belongs in yiufs corner.

Aside from having been suggested and rejected many times before, this level of content is not up to GDD's standards. Before you click submit, review your post and make sure you list: The purpose of your proposal, what your proposal IS, and how exactly it will fix or improve some aspect of the game. Fixes to the game can be very short and sweet, but actual new effects or monsters being added into the game warrants some serious breaking down analysis a lot of the time. Sometimes it can be simple if you are only trying to create discussion, but if you are genuinely suggesting an addition to the game then you really can't get away with half assed thread OP's like this.

You should really read the guidelines before you make any further posts as well. Don't be too discouraged, most people end up making some mistakes on their first try in GDD.

oh, sorry bro. just misposting. i check again GDD/CYC ... next time.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 12:47

Well... it would be a nice buff for sif. I suppose the OP should try to make the case that sif needs such a boost (it'd be a big one!). But having something to spend sif piety on would be cool.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 15:52

Than that, Intelligent absorption resistance or Mana evaporation resistance. How think two methods?

For this message the author sdynet has received thanks:
pumpyscump

KSK

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 01:15

sdynet wrote:Than that, Intelligent absorption resistance or Mana evaporation resistance. How think two methods?

rBrainFeed,rDrainingGaze,rAnti-Magic. make sif exhaustive magic protector? not bad...
but needs except crystal ball/spirit shield

For this message the author KSK has received thanks:
pumpyscump

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 18:01

Wait... are KSK and sdynet bots? Am I having a stroke? Do their last two posts look like something cerekov would say to anyone else?

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 18:48

dowan wrote:Wait... are KSK and sdynet bots? Am I having a stroke? Do their last two posts look like something cerekov would say to anyone else?

I know for a fact that sdynet is Korean based on his post history, and the accent that KSK types in is very very similar, so I'd wager to say he's Korean too. If you reread their comments a few times they actually make sense; They're proposing that Sif Muna have a "sustain intelligence" passive as well as a passive resistance to mana draining (eye of gazing, ghost moth, antimagic brand, etc)

See in sdynet's history: "hi. Sentence using Google Translator. I hope to understand."

I for one think the comments are adorable (in a non-demeaning sense) and appreciate that they took the time to translate them to take part in tavern conversations.

안녕하세요 구글 에서 번역 :D

For this message the author Piginabag has received thanks: 4
dowan, KSK, pumpyscump, Rast

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 19:46

OK, fair enough, just those last two posts looked like word salad to me, and I seriously thought maybe a new better cerekov was out making fools of us tavern folk.

No offense intended to our Korean friends, nor to any other non english speakers.

KSK

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 23:29

Piginabag wrote:
dowan wrote:Wait... are KSK and sdynet bots? Am I having a stroke? Do their last two posts look like something cerekov would say to anyone else?

I know for a fact that sdynet is Korean based on his post history, and the accent that KSK types in is very very similar, so I'd wager to say he's Korean too. If you reread their comments a few times they actually make sense; They're proposing that Sif Muna have a "sustain intelligence" passive as well as a passive resistance to mana draining (eye of gazing, ghost moth, antimagic brand, etc)

See in sdynet's history: "hi. Sentence using Google Translator. I hope to understand."

I for one think the comments are adorable (in a non-demeaning sense) and appreciate that they took the time to translate them to take part in tavern conversations.

안녕하세요 구글 에서 번역 :D

yeah... i'm korean, and very poor english.
forgive me Awkward speech
kamsahamnida :mrgreen:

For this message the author KSK has received thanks: 2
dowan, Piginabag

Return to Game Design Discussion