Another Thank thread

Here's where you can make suggestions for new forums & categories, voice your opinion about the forum, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 08:07

Another Thank thread

To me, thanks really aren't that complicated

Thanks = the person who thanked this is happy that you posted it for one reason or another

If someone thanks someone ironically, who cares? Its not like people don't realize that and are being mislead. Also, its not the forums job to create a safe space free of sarcastic remarks and rudeness, as long as people aren't breaking the rules then there isn't an issue. Its no secret that The Tavern has a lot of sarcastic and sometimes borderline mean individuals, but to my knowledge, the majority of the people who go on this forum are adults who should be more than capable to handling a few blows to the ego now and then. Its an important part of all forums to allow this sort of light-hearted mischief, it prevents people from taking themselves too seriously.

As long as we enforce well defined rules and continue to encourage bringing confrontation to PM's, we aren't going to have any issues.

Thanks being removed, in hindsight, was a horrible mistake that really didn't make any sense, and that is becoming increasingly obvious the longer we go without them. I am constantly finding myself frustrated at the fact that the thank button isn't there. All it does is make scrolling through multiple pages(or even one half full page) significantly more inconvenient.

Its been an interesting experiment and I'm happy the mods were willing to try something new, but its really not working. Its just making things awkward and more unorganized.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

For this message the author Tiktacy has received thanks:
ydeve

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 14:41

Re: Another Thank thread

*Thank*
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Barkeep

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 19:26

The mods have been discussing thanks, and the experiment is nearly over. When we know what we're going to do next, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2016, 03:01

Thank you for the feedback!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2016, 13:59

How about renaming thanks to snarks, and leaving it at that? Then the passive-aggressive version is an actual thank, and the straightforward version is the snarky response. Imagine, having to choose between irony and sarcasm! How could anyone have their feelings hurt in such an arrangement?

Plus, Snark and Thanks are the same word, just spelled back to front, with the letters re-arranged and changed as necessary. Don't check, just take my word for that.

Return to Suggestions & Criticism