Fairy (Race)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Sunday, 27th March 2016, 22:48

Fairy (Race)

I am not sure if I'm joking or not.

Flavour: Fairies are the tiniest humanoids known to exist. Too small for almost everything, but with great magical ability.

Weirdness/Mutations
  • Tiny Size (same as spiders) [+6] Size Factor.
    • All weapons you can use are 2H to you. Additionally you cannot use the following:
      • All normally 2H weapons.
      • Double Swords
      • Eveningstars
    • UC + Buckler is still possible.
    • Slots: Weapon/Shield, Hat, Cloak, Rings, Amulet.
  • Fairy Guard - Any time you would take damage, you take exactly 1 damage. [Extreme damage shaving.]
    • You cannot have spirit shield; as this takes its place.
    • AC will have no effect for you (unless it completely nulls a hit).
  • Frailty - Your HP is exactly 3 + XL. It is not affected by training fighting.
    • Healing (all sources) is divided by 10 before use. Vampiric weapons generally heal by 1. Ely with High Invo and Potions of Heal Wounds Heal 2-5.
  • Slow Regen II - You don't regen when monsters in LoS.

Apts:
  Code:
Fa: Fighting: -3*, Short: -2, Long: -2, Axes: -2, Maces: -2, Polearms: -2, Staves: -2, Slings: -2, Bows: N/A, Xbows: -2, Throw: -2*, Armour: N/A, Dodge: 3, Stealth: 2, Shields: -2, UC: -2*, Splcast: 3!,
Conj: 3!, Hexes: 3, Charms: 3, Summ: 3!, Nec: 3!, Tloc: 3, Tmut: 3!, Fire: 3!, Ice: 3!, Air: 3!, Earth: 3!, Poison: 3!, Inv: 3!, Evo: 1, Exp: -1, HP: -10*, MP: 5!
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Airwolf

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 27th March 2016, 23:02

Re: Fairy (Race)

I demand that they're not allowed to cast Iron Shot. (Lore does so much for me.)

Can they throw tomahawks, for reference?

I like the rest of it, save for both Invocations and Evocation being above 0. I'd like to see them have the same EXP penalty that Demigos have, if only because 3 Spellcasting/Summoning would make their game a little too leisurely.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 02:30

Their casting aptitudes are so insanely high I imagine this would just degenerate into spamming Makh and spells.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 04:13

bcadren wrote:I am not sure if I'm joking or not.

Hurricos wrote:Their casting aptitudes are so insanely high I imagine this would just degenerate into spamming Makh and spells.

Trust me, you're joking.

Dis Charger

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 05:33

You know. As much as Duvessa seems to be for FLAT APTITUDES ON EVERYTHING; I have to say writing flat GREAT MAGIC apts made me realize something. 3! Summoning means something completely different than 3! Conj. "Spiky" weapon apts may actually be an issue; but all the different spellschools have different...power curves that makes the same apt in any two of them mean really different things. [Just a thought.]
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 28th March 2016, 17:00

is torment also 1 damage

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2016, 00:27

I like this idea. With a bit of work I think it could add some interesting variety to the game.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 29th March 2016, 11:36

not anime enough
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner