Caster Giant: Giant Caster Race

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 4th March 2016, 20:21

Caster Giant: Giant Caster Race

Because like a sexist metaphor every niche must be filled we need a big guy with positive aptitudes in most magic skills and negative aptitudes elsewhere so may I introduce to you the act you've known for all these years, the caster giant

Caster giants live in the mountains of Terrain where they stumble about aimlessly, refusing to so much as lift a tree trunk or boulder for to bash in the skulls of their enemies. Even corn frightens them for its ability to expand to a much larger size and be non threatening. One day after most of them had starved to death one of them stumbled on a book with magic dart and mephitic cloud in it and they were off to the races

Size: it's big, shallow water and whatever

+1ac, probably

The caster giant has a severe disdain for weaponry and so the only weapons they can even lift are enhancer staves AND EVEN THEN they feel reeeeeal guilty about their lack of purity (-purecast debuff which adds a stacking shame aura which I will let other people generate and code)

If it has spell or magic or hex or charm or necro in the name they get a +1 except transmutations which is +3, because I love forms, also, they get +2 to fighting because it makes sense because

Also anything else is a minus 1 except invocations which is a -2 because they're mostly atheists, which I think I mentioned?

Anyway let me know what/if you think, this is a real starter and maybe even good for new players because have you ever even TRIED a level 9 spell, you can win with one

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks: 6
duvessa, nago, PleasingFungus, Sar, Wahaha, ydeve

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 4th March 2016, 23:37

Re: Caster Giant: Giant Caster Race

+1.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 00:15

This is a dumb name. It should be called a Giant-Mage.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 05:10

but then it wouldn't REALLY capture the essential caster-ness of them, it would make them more, idk, magey.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 05:23

Call them Titans. I mean, that's what titans are in crawl anyway, spellcasting giants

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 05:25

obviously, the giant caster race should have an ability that casts str to int

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 05:29

I assume they're called Caster Giants because of their resemblance to great big office chair wheels.

At least I hope so.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 06:00

CanOfWorms wrote:obviously, the giant caster race should have an ability that casts str to int

thanks

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 17:56

Look guys Idk if I've been really clear enough on this one but the name is not negotiable, I'm not budging there or anywhere really. This proposal sprang fully formed from my head like a perfect species proposal Athena (the Hephaestus in this situation being a combination of CYC and whiskey) so it's not really open for debate, now, if you wanted to be helpful or something you could figure out that shame aura that triggers whenever they're doing something that isn't blasting

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner