LearnDB is shaming me

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 15:28

LearnDB is shaming me

So I'm running a DsVM right now, and I'm looking throguh LearnDB and I find this:
  Code:
demonspawn reasons
1.You think the early game is too easy but need more help playing level 20 characters.
And I'm ashamed to say, that's pretty much where I'm at right now. Except for the one MiHu^Trog I ran as a palate cleanser, it has been a long time since I've gotten three runes, but in nearly all of my games I've gotten one or two. Now nearly all of these are casters, mostly DrCj, and I think I'm doing poor skilling for these type of builds that catch up with me around Vaults.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 15:43

Re: LearnDB is shaming me

Sounds like using conjurations is your problem.
remove food

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 15:50

Lol yeah. I figure though that at some point I ought to learn how to run those sorts of characters.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 21:54

What are your builds like? Do you normally have access to bolt spells? Or do you play a melee/conj hybrid immediately after Lair? At what point do you run away from monsters to regain mp?

If you have lvl6 spells and are focusing them (plus dodging/fighting), you should be able to hit Vaults and then start branching into melee. I'm not saying this is the most optimal way to play a Cj, but it's viable and not too hard to win. If you find that you can't kill enemies reliably in Vaults, that probably means you either branched into melee/defense too late (for surviving prolonged fights melee-style) or too early (so that your magic killdudes doesn't do enough damage). Or that you're not running away early enough to regen mp.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 5th March 2016, 23:41

Just post a morgue file or two and you will get advice...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 6th March 2016, 22:51

I.think given the above that I've been training melee too early in general. As for advice, please start with the DsVM CIP I have in YAVP right now. I really don't know what I ought to do next, though I've made a guess.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner