Tier List: altars

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:05

Tier List: altars

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (16.34 KiB) Viewed 3324 times

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:28

Re: Tier List: altars

someone post a console version

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:32

S _ _ _
A _ _ _ _ _ _ _
B _ _ _ _ _
C _ _ _ _ _ _
D _ _
E _

If I'm not mistaken, this thread is just about how the altars look, so a console version doesn't make much sense. Unless you particularly like one altar's color scheme, I guess.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:42

S: _ _ _
A: _ _ _ _
B: _ _ _
C: _ _
D: _
F: _

That should about cover it. Whichever ones were left out probably deserved it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:54

for console players, here are the gods corresponding to the altar tiles in the original image:
S: god of flamboyance ; god of cyborgs ; god of severed heads that are slightly bored
A: god of lens flare ; god of surprised eyes ; god of hot pockets ; god of 3rd grade art projects ; not actually an altar, just a pile of filthy grey socks ; god of people who got shot in the face ; god of really tiny shields
B: god of piss christ ; god of crappy and unnecessary dithering ; god of weighing meat against ice cream ; god of gee, i fucking wonder if this god has something to do with being slow ; god of people who had no clue what to draw
C: god of slaps ; god of ms paint ; god of ugly trophies and deformed horseshoes ; duvessa ; god of obvious fire hazards ; god of necessary, but still crappy, dithering
D: god of scrolls ; god of fire elementals that tried to go down a chimney head-first, but got stuck, so now they're wiggling their legs trying to get out
E: god of crappier dithering

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:58

fyi, the dithering is artifacting from a pass through a different image format.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 06:59

U can really see how far the art of iconography has progressed by looking at the newer altars.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 07:12

CanOfWorms wrote:fyi, the dithering is artifacting from a pass through a different image format.
yeah, what did he do anyway? paste all the PNGs together, then save them as a GIF, then convert that back to PNG?

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 07:17

thanks for all the funny jokes ITT guys

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 07:33

Sar wrote:thanks for all the funny jokes ITT guys

I likewise found them amusing.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 09:17

that is very funny, duvessa! let me try the ones you copped out on: Jiyva - god of artificial food coloring, Qaz - god of antlers, Dith - HAL9000 in meditation, Yred - spinning plates and other magic tricks.

e: here's an alter altar prototype for Yred, like it?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Last edited by HardboiledGargoyle on Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 14:28

always want to worship sif or ash for their altars
Last edited by sizz on Saturday, 18th June 2016, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 14:52

duvessa wrote:for console players, here are the gods corresponding to the altar tiles in the original image:
S: god of flamboyance ; god of cyborgs ; god of severed heads that are slightly bored
A: god of lens flare ; god of surprised eyes ; god of hot pockets ; god of 3rd grade art projects ; not actually an altar, just a pile of filthy grey socks ; god of people who got shot in the face ; god of really tiny shields
B: god of piss christ ; god of crappy and unnecessary dithering ; god of weighing meat against ice cream ; god of gee, i fucking wonder if this god has something to do with being slow ; god of people who had no clue what to draw
C: god of slaps ; god of ms paint ; god of ugly trophies and deformed horseshoes ; duvessa ; god of obvious fire hazards ; god of necessary, but still crappy, dithering
D: god of scrolls ; god of fire elementals that tried to go down a chimney head-first, but got stuck, so now they're wiggling their legs trying to get out

funnythanks

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 18:02

I never noticed that but after duvessa calling TSO "piss christ" I can't help but see Oka's altar as an urinal

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 18:58

yes and if you look at Elyvilon's altar from the sideImage

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 19:54

So Ely is that porcelain diety whom I'm making sacrifices every morning...
What about the forests?
Nope

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 23:32

duvessa wrote:for console players, here are the gods corresponding to the altar tiles in the original image:

Thanks, god of ms paint is the kicker.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner