Slime as a 3rd Rune (was: Regen question)

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 29th February 2016, 23:06

Slime as a 3rd Rune (was: Regen question)

I chicken out of doing Slime every time I'm going for 3 runes because you need so much stuff to do it safely. To be completely safe, you need clarity for some eyes, stasis for others and rMut for others... Not to mention rCorrosion which in older builds where corrosion was permanent was a necessity unless you were wearing full artefact gear (or things enchanted over +4) (cloak of preservation ftw!).
Last edited by archaeo on Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod edit, split topic by request
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 29th February 2016, 23:41

Re: Regen question

TehDruid wrote:I chicken out of doing Slime every time I'm going for 3 runes because you need so much stuff to do it safely. To be completely safe, you need clarity for some eyes,

That one can be resisted with MR.

stasis for others

Those have been removed from the game. (except from 'summon eyeballs' or whatever the spell is)

Also, you forgot cold resistance, to blunt the massive cold damage that Azure Jellies can do.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 29th February 2016, 23:46

Hurkyl wrote:
stasis for others

Those have been removed from the game. (except from 'summon eyeballs' or whatever the spell is)

Not in 0.17.

Anyway, for Slime, you only need rC+, MR++ (but preferably MR+++) and rCorr at bare minimum imo. rMut is completely extraneous; mutations won't kill you. That's only in terms of resistances, though – I usually do Slime dead last, because it's pretty remote once you're past Vaults, but also harder than Vaults, and I want to save turns.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 01:09

For quite a number of characters, Slime is much less dangerous than V5 if you know what you're doing.
Also, rCorr is completely optional if you're using conjurations or Qaz invocations.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 03:11

Clownie wrote:
Hurkyl wrote:
stasis for others

Not in 0.17.

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d37599f | elliptic | 2014-05-07 18:17:32 -0400

Remove giant eyeballs from normal monster generation.
I left them in almost all vaults that placed them, and pan lords can still
summon them, but they don't generate normally in D/Depths/Slime/Pan/Abyss any
more.

Or did you have some other reason in mind for stasis?

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 05:51

Giant eyeballs also appear in some vaults (that one encompass vault in Depths comes to mind, the one with lots of rooms, vault sentienls and randart rings). Also, Zig entry vaults still place them.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 14:36

Re: Slime as a 3rd Rune (was: Regen question)

Shapeshifters can also be giant eyeball-shaped. That, and golden eyes exist, so I confused the two a bit.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 20:34

rCorr is unnecessary if you have a single potion of resistance. You only >need< it for TRJ, in which case you can put it up that way. I've also done it without any rCorr at all, but to be fair at the time I had pretty amazing EV.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2016, 22:05

If you know how trj works he's usually not really much of a problem, but knowing that summons and such can only appear up to 2 tiles away from the summoner (and just fail to appear if they're not within that distance) is kind of spoily, and that's the key to really negating trj's gimmick.

The rest of slime is basically whether you can deal with acid blobs and azure jellies, which are dangerous but a lot less so than v:5.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2016, 06:03

crate wrote:If you know how trj works he's usually not really much of a problem, but knowing that summons and such can only appear up to 2 tiles away from the summoner (and just fail to appear if they're not within that distance) is kind of spoily, and that's the key to really negating trj's gimmick.

The rest of slime is basically whether you can deal with acid blobs and azure jellies, which are dangerous but a lot less so than v:5.

[button] Thank [/button]

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2016, 09:09

crate wrote:If you know how trj works he's usually not really much of a problem, but knowing that summons and such can only appear up to 2 tiles away from the summoner (and just fail to appear if they're not within that distance) is kind of spoily, and that's the key to really negating trj's gimmick.

[button] Thank [/button]

Turukano wrote:

[button] Thank [/button]

[button] Thank [/button]

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2016, 12:46

I did Slime as 3rd rune on my MuNe. Agony -> bolt of draining -> 2-3 shot anything. Dispel undead wrecks death ooze. No mutation, hunger to worry about and built in Rc+... nice. You do need a fancy trick for TRJ but you will figure it out.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice