Hawaiian Gods in Trunk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 05:21

Hawaiian Gods in Trunk

HelpMeKahlua, God of Hawaiian Ancestors and Ukelele, God of Hula!

What y'all think of them?
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 06:28

Re: Hawaiian Gods in Trunk

Kind of disrespectful to Hawaiian culture. There are some cool ideas from Hawaiian religion that might go into a game (animal "guardian spirits", shapeshifting, elemental dieties), but I would abstract them and not use actual names. Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but it's tiresome because I have to see Hawaiian culture commoditized and sold to tourists enough already.

For this message the author moocowmoocow has received thanks: 2
all before, duvessa

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 08:01

moocowmoocow wrote:Kind of disrespectful to Hawaiian culture. There are some cool ideas from Hawaiian religion that might go into a game (animal "guardian spirits", shapeshifting, elemental dieties), but I would abstract them and not use actual names. Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but it's tiresome because I have to see Hawaiian culture commoditized and sold to tourists enough already.
I'm sorry if I made you chill deficient, it was just a names joke. H-god is actually a lot more like Voudoun (actual "Voodoo") in that it focused around protection from ancestors and Shinto (which has some similar ideals) but...this wasn't serious.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 14:55

diety peity
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 20:57

moocowmoocow wrote:Kind of disrespectful to Hawaiian culture. There are some cool ideas from Hawaiian religion that might go into a game (animal "guardian spirits", shapeshifting, elemental dieties), but I would abstract them and not use actual names. Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but it's tiresome because I have to see Hawaiian culture commoditized and sold to tourists enough already.

non-exhaustive list of things that are okay to joke about:

-hawaiian culture
-race
-hitler
-rwanda
-anime
-donald trump
-crawl
-me

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 28th February 2016, 02:40

bcadren wrote:I'm sorry if I made you chill deficient, it was just a names joke.
"hawaii exists"
wow what a hilarious joke

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner