Tier List: Draconian colors

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 16:58

Tier List: Draconian colors

Red - Core resistance and a strong breath weapon that can be used as a ranged nuke, a dps boost or as a escape mechanism. This color benefits all playstyles.

Green - Core resistance and a breath weapon that will trivialize most threats. This color is all about survivability.

White - Core resistance, removes cold blooded, highest ice aptitude in the game.

Black - Rare resistance, and a breath weapon that can kill anything that is not relec(if used correctly, that is).

Pale - Trivial resistance, evo boost and the most useful breath in the game. White, black and pale are very close to each other but i rated them from least to most scummable behavior.

Grey - No resistances, AC boost that stays relevant during the whole game, can scum deep water like a pode and cant be engulfed.

Yellow - Rarely useful resistance, useful breath.

Purple - MR boost that stay trivial during good part of the game, evo boost, weak situational breath. Great as a starting spellcaster. Grey, yellow and purple are the colors that are probably the best on the later stages of the game but suffer at the beginning in comparison to the others.

Mottled - Rare and Trivial resistance, worst breath weapon which requires melee range that goes the opposite way of how a breath weapon is used, with only the situational effect of revealing invisible enemies(as long as you dont miss) No evo boost, no extra parts(fangs, wings, etc), nothing that can redeem this from being at the bottom.
Last edited by dynast on Friday, 26th February 2016, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
You shall never see my color again.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 17:10

In my opinion you underestimate purple (MR+) and pale (breathe steam).

As this is not the first time draco colours are discussed in this forum I had a look and found this topic from December 2013: Rank the Draconian Colors.

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks:
Sar

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 17:15

Re: Tier List: Draconian colors

The most important determining factor in this tier list is actually how the colors look in dragon form. Here is a corrected list:

1. Grey Image
2. Black Image
3. White Image
4. Purple Image
5. Pale Image
6. Yellow Image
7. Red Image
8. Mottled Image
9.Green Image
Last edited by Piginabag on Friday, 26th February 2016, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Piginabag has received thanks: 3
nago, ontoclasm, Sar

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 17:20

Yellow looks like a golden dragon, that's pretty badass.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 17:25

Sar wrote:Yellow looks like a golden dragon, that's pretty badass.

You know what, you're right. The list has been adjusted accordingly, with yellow moving up to 6th.

For this message the author Piginabag has received thanks: 2
nago, Sar

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:11

Re:

Turukano wrote:In my opinion you underestimate purple (MR+) and pale (breathe steam).

As this is not the first time draco colours are discussed in this forum I had a look and found this topic from December 2013: Rank the Draconian Colors.

Top Tier:

Green, Mottled

hahaahahah. Come on, that was on 2013.
I dont underestimate mr, it just scales very poorly for purple. Pale breath is great but that alone is not enough to bring him to the top.

Every color in dragon form looks cool to me, except the standard other species get when they use it.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:26

ImageImageImage

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
duvessa

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:26

dynast wrote:
Top Tier:
Green, Mottled

hahaahahah. Come on, that was on 2013.

I'm afraid that was a misunderstanding. My link to the topic from 2013 didn't mean at all that I agree with the original poster ("Top Tier: green, mottled").

duvessa's post in this topic is more important:

duvessa wrote:roughly: pale > red/mottled/grey/purple > white/black/green > yellow

pale's breath weapon is way better than any of the others, it's like having unlimited scrolls of fog

red and mottled have the other two breath weapons that actually do something useful (damage), and grey/purple have somewhat better non-breath-weapon properties (AC and MR/apts) than other colours, white/black/green all have lousy breath/resistances and nothing else useful, and if you get yellow you might as well have gotten no colour at all

Also, have a look at mikee's post:

mikee wrote:1. Red
2. Pale/Purple
3. Grey/Mottled
4. Black/White
5. Green/Yellow
Last edited by Turukano on Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:30

I think Yellow is top myself. Sure, no apt changes or resists, but the acidic bite (corroding enemies on melee) is pretty damn powerful. Similarly the breath keeps being useful for the corrosion. Corrosion is so limited in player's hands (more common now with /acid, but still...and it's very very powerful).

If we were just going on resists, probably Red then Black; because rF is important a lot and though rElec semi-rarely comes up; (Spark Wasps, Shock Serpents); it's very rare (randArts ONLY) and important when it does come up.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 18:36

@Turukano i am inclined to believe those are very exagerated opinions regardless, but my point is that draconian colors changed somewhat from that time. I will edit my post to elaborate on why i put them on that order.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 21:59

Mottled lives matter :(
Dearest Steve
thanks for the gym equipment
the plane crashed

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 22:01

Does acid bite actually corrode enemies? -8 AC on hit can be pretty neat if you hit things with AC.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 22:02

Also, fr: quicksilver draconians. Fast movespeed, MR immune (can't be hexed or enchanted). Probably a terrible idea for a drac color, but could be a fun new race (not really)!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 26th February 2016, 23:10

Sar wrote:Does acid bite actually corrode enemies? -8 AC on hit can be pretty neat if you hit things with AC.

Yes. But it is not a 100% thing, you can miss or not bite or do no damage, but still neat.

For this message the author dynast has received thanks:
Sar

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 00:33

I feel like you're overvaluing resistances. rPois, sufficient rC is easily attainable from other sources, you can get by fine without rElec, rF is useful but is usually common enough. Whereas Pale has a more unique and useful ability and Gray's AC is always relevant.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 05:10

ydeve wrote:I feel like you're overvaluing resistances. rPois, sufficient rC is easily attainable from other sources, you can get by fine without rElec, rF is useful but is usually common enough. Whereas Pale has a more unique and useful ability and Gray's AC is always relevant.

I disagree about overvaluing the rF and rC provided by red/white. The addition of cold bloodedness makes these resistances more impactful to receive. Draconians don't get access to body armour, so it loses a slot that commonly provides one of those resistances (+10 rF Plate or a Robe of Resistance certainly aren't the worst endgame armor around). Draconians want rC more than any other species because slow is a really bad status effect.
Wir saufen, und wir sind noch da!

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 05:50

I guess my opinions are clouded by the fact that I prefer casters, so I can kill most enemies with cold attacks at range. I've never missed the body armor, since I'd normally be wearing leather or a robe anyway. Maybe that tiering makes more sense for melee than a caster.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 06:46

mostly agree with minmay's quoted post as surprising as that is
king of double damage

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 06:58

Gray draconian and purple draconian are my favorites. Gray because of the AC and walk through water. Purple because it has the most useful aptitudes.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 27th February 2016, 11:08

DrKe wrote:mostly agree with minmay's quoted post as surprising as that is

I am not surprised.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner