Alt-tabbing in Ubuntu

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 03:34

Alt-tabbing in Ubuntu

...seems to not available. In other words, when you're playing crawl, your choices are play the game, or save and exit if you want to do anything else; there's no way to tab over to your browser or anything. It's a bit shirty about if the computer goes into standby mode too, and I've got into the habit of saving the game if I think I'm not going to be around awhile, as it beats having to reboot and lose a promising game.

I'm fairly new to Ubuntu and Crawl and wondering if I were missing something... I'd run the game in windowed mode, but I'm using a fairly tiny laptop with an 8" screen, and it makes the inventory window even smaller.

I was really just curious if anyone else had come across this problem in Ubuntu, and even perhaps found a fix for it.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 7th January 2011, 18:05

Re: Alt-tabbing in Ubuntu

Well I play with ubuntu, and have multiple workspaces. Not only do I not have this problem (perhaps because I use cao/cdo from a terminal, not full screen), it is easy to ctrl+alt+left or ctrl+alt+right to another workspace if I want to switch to a completely crawl unrelated area. Perhaps you can do this?
Go kiku!

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 12th January 2011, 02:57

Re: Alt-tabbing in Ubuntu

Same problem, I'm afraid: While it's fullscreen and not windowed, it basically ignores any regular shortcut commands like alt-tab or ctrl-alt-<dir> for the workspaces.

Return to Technical Support