How to Contribute New Vaults Nowdays?

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 19:14

How to Contribute New Vaults Nowdays?

Hello, I've made a simple arrival vault. I think I'd like to do more contributing of this kind, since I don't expect I'll ever be experienced enough to contribute meaningfully on DCA or GDD.

Assuming that this vault is done correctly, and I've tested it to my satisfaction at least, I'd like to ask for updated information on how to submit it. viewtopic.php?p=6197#p6197 suggests clicking "Report Issue" on Mantis and selecting, "patch" however I do not see "patch" as an option at https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/login_s ... t_page.php, which is what I get to when I click "Report Issue" on the top menu bar.

I am also interested in which types of vaults are most needed and which there are plenty of. What I've noticed in playing is that I seem to get the same few overflow altar vaults, for instance, but of course that may be by design from weighting.

Code:
NAME:   mainiacjoe_arrival_reflecting_pool
# 18x9
TAGS:   arrival no_monster_gen no_pool_fixup no_item_gen
ORIENT: float
SUBST:  G : G:30 T:20 t
SUBST:  t : t:30 T:20 G
SUBST:  w : w:30 W
SUBST:  c : xcvb
MAP
   x@x
   x.x
  ccAcc
ccc...ccc
c...w...c
c.G.w.G.c
c...w...c
c.t.w.t.c
c...w...c
c.G.w.G.c
c...w...c
c.t.w.t.c
c...w...c
c.G.w.G.c
c...w...c
ccc...ccc
  cc{cc
   ccc
ENDMAP
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 19:42

Re: How to Contribute New Vaults Nowdays?

You need to click through that page, selecting DCSS as the project, which will take you to the actual Report Issue page. "Patches" appears in the "Category" drop-down menu right at the top of the page.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 19:46

You want "Upload: Maps and Vaults" rather than "Patches" though.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 20:02

Thank you! After looking at other vault submissions to see how I ought to fill out the form I chose "Upload: Maps and Vaults" instead of "Patch" but I expect that's minor.

https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=9947
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 20:03

wheals wrote:You want "Upload: Maps and Vaults" rather than "Patches" though.
Heh, didn't notice you saying this here while I was over there fiddling with the form, but I figured it out anyway, thank you!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 9th September 2015, 20:10

Since I probably shouldn't have buried my second question about what sorts of vaults are need and which aren't in this thread, I'll start a new thread for that.

Return to Contributions