God proposal: Hashila, the another dual wielding post

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 20th July 2015, 00:12

God proposal: Hashila, the another dual wielding post

Cannot be worshipped by formicids, octopodes or felids.

Upon joining you can no longer wear armour and gloves as your chest is marked by the crest of Hashila and your hands seems to meld inside your weapon and shield.

You can now dual wield weapons. You now attack with both weapons at once, adding both weapons delay.

Sinergy: passive - your wielded weapons share their type traits(wielding a axe and a polearm gives you reaching cleaving attacks, maces, unarmed and long blades doesnt do jack shit though)
Delayed reaction: cost none - this ability allows the player to select a known single target conjuration spell and keep it sustained. whenever the player cast a single target spell the sustained spell fires alongside it, ignoring its mp cost but adding the action delay.

You grow a third arm on the right side of your body, you can now wield two handed weapon plus a one handed weapon or a shield at the same time. You can put a third ring.

You grow a fourth arm on the left side of your body, you can now dual wield two handed weapons or dual wield one handed weapons and a shield. You can put a fourth ring.

Hashila's blade arms: 5mp + exhaustion + piety - Summons 2 spectral weapon copies for each of your wielded weapons.
Crest of Hashila: 5mp + exhaustion + piety - Summons a orb that follows you and mimics spells you cast, The orb inherits the player's shield value and has the reflection ego.

No new abilities.

The species keep its weapon size restrictions.

Hashila likes when you defeat enemies and does not support unnarmed combat or transformations.

Players who have sacrificed a hand or armour skill to Ru can still join Hashila but will only have three arms.

Renouncing Hashila causes all weapons and rings to be taken off, followed by having your extra arms severed.

Hashila is intended to be played with polearm and axe(and maybe also a shield) for melee oriented characters, although there are some other possible variations, like using axe and short/long blade for fast cleaving attacks, or for spellcasters with two staves and a shield.
Attachments
VS-enemy-kali.gif
Idea from Vagrant Story
VS-enemy-kali.gif (39.04 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
You shall never see my color again.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 20th July 2015, 01:59

Re: God proposal: Hashila, the another dual wielding post

could be fun. It would probably be best on something like Dr that can't wear armour anyway (even if you took the scales AC away) Ce/Na who have deformed body and +AC mutations, demonspawn who get bet claws but don't want to switch to UC, etc.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 20th July 2015, 14:29

I'm disappointed. I misread the title and thought you were talking about dual-wielding poets.

I mean, I dunno what the hell that would do -- maybe it would be like Zin Recite, doubled and turned into a melee weapon?

Renouncing Hashila causes all weapons and rings to be taken off, followed by having your extra arms severed.

Should probably specify amount of HP damage here. Anyway asis that wrath seems kind of just .. 'the penalty for abandonment is abandonment', except without permanent effects like Ru... so no real incentive not to just abandon and rejoin at your leisure.

You could make wrath better perhaps by having enemies have a per-turn chance to Hashila-empowered (with extra weapon provided?) when they are in your LOS.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 20th July 2015, 15:52

I should have just said "benefits lost upon renouncing", since its not a god that provides anything lasting to the player, like okawaru...
You shall never see my color again.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2015, 17:25

I'm waiting for someone to propose a god that lets you dual-wield two-headed ogres, each of whom worships its own amulets.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks: 7
Arrhythmia, duvessa, dynast, File200, Jeremiah, nago, WingedEspeon

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2015, 17:49

Lasty wrote:I'm waiting for someone to propose a god that lets you dual-wield two-headed ogres, each of whom worships its own amulets.
What happens if two-headed ogres become a playable race with dual religions? Can you create a recursive ogre that wields ogre-wielding ogres?

For this message the author File200 has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner