Comborobin

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:37

Comborobin

Hi all, time for some serious winscumming!
I've set up an open account on multiple crawl servers. The idea is to collectively win every available combo - anyone can contribute.

Account name: comborobin
Password: robin

Feel free to pick up and continue from someone's unfinished saved game. Don't play combos that have already been completed, and don't quit a game that someone else besides yourself has played. If you want credit for winning a combo, just add your name in the spreadsheet below. Credit for joint efforts will go to all players substantially involved in that run.

You can check ongoing and won games here (may or may not be up to date, feel free to update it):
Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You can check also check which combos have been completed here:
Scoring page link: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/comborobin.html.

ETA: 3-4 months

Feel free to edit rc files.
Last edited by xentronium on Friday, 1st January 2016, 09:39, edited 46 times in total.
Comborobin Admin

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:43

Re: Comborobin

A little speculation:
If my count is correct, there are 26 species and 24 backgrounds (in trunk). That's 624, minus the few that are impossible (like DgBe). Even with a dozen experts working day-and-night (which I doubt), this project will take many years.

For this message the author Magipi has received thanks:
Sandman25

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:50

Yeah, it's a very long term project. I don't even know if people are going to be interested in participating, but there's no harm in giving it a try.
Comborobin Admin

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 18:54

Is there a simple bot command which shows which combos have/haven't been won by a particular player or group?

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 19:05

Rast wrote:Is there a simple bot command which shows which combos have/haven't been won by a particular player or group?

Login at ##crawl and ask Sequell. For example, show all combos that have been played: !lg comborobin s=char

Sequell wrote:3 games for comborobin: 2x MiBe, TrMo

Show all won combos: !lg comborobin won s=char

Sequell wrote:No games for comborobin (won).

You can replace comborobin by Rast if you like. :-) The listgame manual is here.
Last edited by Turukano on Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 20:02

If I have the time, I'll play some games. Probably start some nagas, get them past the early game, and force people to experience the awesomeness of a high level naga with constriction, 40/40 defenses, and blade hands. Over and over. I mean, you have to win all naga backgrounds, right? ;)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 22nd May 2015, 23:17

Magipi wrote:A little speculation:
If my count is correct, there are 26 species and 24 backgrounds (in trunk). That's 624, minus the few that are impossible (like DgBe). Even with a dozen experts working day-and-night (which I doubt), this project will take many years.
It takes about 3 hours to win most characters. With 12 experts working 24 hours a day, that's 6.5 days assuming you have 12 servers.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 3
amalloy, xentronium, Yermak

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 00:21

While the math is correct, that does strike me as a bit...optimistic :)

Clearly a single person isn't going to work (this should be play, by the way!) 24 hours a day, although it's a robin, so clearly you could just have 24 experts, playing 12 hours a day, etc etc. Is there any way to query what ongoing games an account has? I know you can see ongoing games data for CAO, but as far as I know, that's the only one. So finding out what games are on different servers would be difficult, you'd have to actually log into each one, no? There's probably some sequell command I don't know :P

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 00:27

I might try to help out a little bit, but currently Im not really close to any server so most likely I will get frustrated at the lag halfway through a game and play offline instead.
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 02:16

No problem, someone can pick up where you left off!
Comborobin Admin

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 05:48

Gah...I just lost a VSBe on U:1 to a singularity pan lord.
Comborobin Admin

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 06:28

What, on the ascension?

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 07:59

I recently lost too an ascending char against a pan Lord who spammed singularity and glaciate. First time I experienced an enemy singularity, it seems to me extremely brutal, maybe one of the worst effect you can suffer in game
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 12:37

Everyone knows ascension is too easy/boring and should be changed <sarcasm>

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 20:48

Someone won a KoBe, do you want credit for it?
Comborobin Admin

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 23rd May 2015, 21:00

I've been playing a MiGl^Chei in CXC. It has two runes and it's in Vaults:4 at the moment. The character is quite powerful, with 25/28 AC/EV, 43/20/27 stats, and a +3 battleaxe of freezing. I'd like to have a little more of MR available and also rCold and rElec are missing. An executioner's axe would be nice too, although it does good damage. Throwing also is worth using, even though we're out of javelins.

I've also learned some necromancy spells, but only Animate Skeleton is usable at the moment.

If anyone feels like continuing it, go ahead.

Dump: http://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/co ... orobin.txt

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 01:05

quik wrote:I've been playing a MiGl^Chei in CXC. It has two runes and it's in Vaults:4 at the moment. The character is quite powerful, with 25/28 AC/EV, 43/20/27 stats, and a +3 battleaxe of freezing. I'd like to have a little more of MR available and also rCold and rElec are missing. An executioner's axe would be nice too, although it does good damage. Throwing also is worth using, even though we're out of javelins.

I've also learned some necromancy spells, but only Animate Skeleton is usable at the moment.

We just won a MiGl over on CAO...but might as well finish this one anyway. Comborobin could potentially get a 4-win streak, since there's this MiGl and a strong MuBe on CZSO that are both close to winning.
Comborobin Admin

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 01:27

Haha, like there aren't enough combos in Crawl to repeat one! How unfortunate.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 06:14

Yay, I started that MiGl last night, found him today with three runes, and parked him at the end of U4 for someone else, glad he got ascended!

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 06:42

Heh, nice! I did the ascension, lajatang of speed is fun to use. The character was powerful enough that I could dive through Zot really quickly.
Comborobin Admin

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 07:56

quik wrote:I've been playing a MiGl^Chei in CXC. It has two runes and it's in Vaults:4 at the moment. The character is quite powerful, with 25/28 AC/EV, 43/20/27 stats, and a +3 battleaxe of freezing. I'd like to have a little more of MR available and also rCold and rElec are missing. An executioner's axe would be nice too, although it does good damage. Throwing also is worth using, even though we're out of javelins.

It is now MUCH MUCH more powerful. Too bad it doesn't count for this robin accounts rules anymore.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 10:48

Sphara wrote:It is now MUCH MUCH more powerful. Too bad it doesn't count for this robin accounts rules anymore.

Indeed! Nice weapon and spells and... everything!

EDIT: Just won with it. Easy Zot + Orb run. Only thing worth mentioning, a Seraph showed up during the run. Solved with 'ad'.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 14:33

Started a nice DsAM on CLAN.

http://underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/comborobin/comborobin.txt

Defenses are weak but Dispel Undead and Blade Hands are already castable. Only hydras still cause some trouble at this point (with Animate Dead they won't). Go make it a winner, someone! :)

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 15:26

I left an extremely powerful MuBe on the stairs to U:5 on CSZO if anyone's interested in ascending it.
Comborobin Admin

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 24th May 2015, 21:10

Two MiGl characters on 2 different servers? This is beyond weird. At least MiBe would be understandable.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 25th May 2015, 16:23

Just picked up and won a MiFi with one rune that was parked outside a demonic rune vault (smoke demon one). Someone's got balls for entering pan before vaults.
Comborobin Admin

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 20:25

Just won an OpAs (at least I think it was. Might have been OpWn) and I'd like to get credit for it. Nothing special to report; went gozag, had an good early weapon shop D:7 with demon blade, rocked the game.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 26th May 2015, 20:49

le_nerd wrote:Just won an OpAs (at least I think it was. Might have been OpWn) and I'd like to get credit for it. Nothing special to report; went gozag, had an good early weapon shop D:7 with demon blade, rocked the game.

Done! I want to try an Op of gozag myself at some point :)

I really wish the scoring page would show all games in progress on all servers/versions.
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th May 2015, 07:13

I started up a naga transmuter on CSZO, played to around D:4 when Xen bumped me off, who took us down to orc first and cleared it. Thankfully he was willing to go along with my chei god suggestion, as I hadn't yet found chei by D:4 ;) After he finished mine I cleared about half of lair, so there's a very powerful blade hands naga with full chei piety ready for whoever wants to continue.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.17-a0-1150-g17b0b87 (webtiles) character file.

comborobin the Martial Artist (Naga Transmuter)    Turns: 22205, Time: 01:15:13

Health: 123/123    AC: 16    Str: 34    XL:     14   Next: 40%
Magic:  26/26      EV: 23    Int: 34    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold:   459        SH:  0    Dex: 29    Spells: 4 memorised, 18 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis +       - Unarmed
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     M - +2 ring mail {rC+}
rNeg   . . .     SustAt   .     (no shield)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     Q - +0 helmet
rElec  .         Spirit   .     s - +0 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     N - +0 pair of gloves
rMut   +         Stasis   .     (no barding)
MR     +....                    R - amulet "Hotzel" {rMut rC- Str+5 Int+4}
Stlth  ++++......               E - +2 ring of protection
                                K - +6 ring of evasion

@: very slow, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, stealthy
A: see invisible, deformed body, fire resistance 1, poison resistance, slowness
2, slow metabolism 1, spit poison 2, constrict 1, AC +4
a: Spit Poison, Bend Time, Temporal Distortion, Slouch, Step From Time, Renounce
Religion

Have a +0 FDA waiting for some cold resist/enchant armors, a ring of invis, lamp of fire, etc. Right now I'd say the character needs more fighting/armor/dodging, so I left those three skills on, although we'll eventually want some more UC. Could probably turn off armor if you like, it doesn't need to go as high as dodging does, until we know for sure we're ending up in moderately heavy or very heavy armor.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 13:05

Have a TrCK at orc4 on CBRO, quite powerful/good AC for not having dragon armor yet. Still need to lair.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 15:21

Parked our cszo cheinaga in depths 1 with 2 runes. It's looking good, and I found a nice FDA in elf 3:

E - +6 fire dragon armour of Ownubb {rF++ rC- rN++ Regen+ SInv Stlth+}
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 15:25

I guess comborobin is a natural choice for players who play cratecrawl (get 3 runes before Depths and then leave dungeon), except they can just park those characters where they stop enjoying, for those players who like late game.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:37

Sandman25 wrote:I guess comborobin is a natural choice for players who play cratecrawl (get 3 runes before Depths and then leave dungeon), except they can just park those characters where they stop enjoying, for those players who like late game.

I guess you guessed wrong or then every robin account has the same caveat you suggested.

Some fun and team effort combined is how I see it. Too bad some of my games were just not continued by anyone. CXC and CLAN servers apparently don't have that many interested players for this kinda of stuff.

And Sandster, if you don't like comborobin idea, try antiskillrobin. That's more of a challenge and will very likely to end to death if you leave the game you started to someone inexperienced. Still.. after you pass on the game, it's not yours anymore so you CANNOT feel anger or disappointment. That's the thing with these accounts.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:40

Sphara wrote:every robin account has the same caveat you suggested.

Yes, this is what I meant. Still comborobin is the best here because it is ok to start whatever crazy combo you want.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:42

Sphara wrote:And Sandster, if you don't like comborobin idea, try antiskillrobin.

No, I like comborobin idea, I even killed 3 FoWn's on berotato during some very late night :) I learned that Nemelex is not good for Fo, half of cards from escape deck is blocked by stasis.
I am too slow player so I don't feel comfortable to have the account busy with me when it can be played by faster players. Also I prefer to play offline with my damage mod.

Edit. Congrats with winning VSAr!

Edit2. Also I wasn't playing very carefully as comborobin, it is hard for me when I know that the character can be killed later by other players anyway ;)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:53

I wouldn't worry about playing slowly on comborobin - this isn't something that we're expecting to finish in a week, or even a month. Anyone who plays is getting us closer, really. You get bumped offline if someone else logs in anyways, as I recently discovered, not having played many robins before :P

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Sandman25

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 20:53

Sandman25 wrote:
Sphara wrote:And Sandster, if you don't like comborobin idea, try antiskillrobin.

No, I like comborobin idea, I even killed 3 FoWn's on berotato during some very late night :) I learned that Nemelex is not good for Fo, half of cards from escape deck is blocked by stasis.
I am too slow player so I don't feel comfortable to have the account busy with me when it can be played by faster players. Also I prefer to play offline with my damage mod.

Haha! Thanks.

I am REALLY slow player myself (chat and slow connection cannot explain over 20 h games). Thing about account being busy coz of you, shouldn't be an issue since the goal of this comborobin is never gonna be accomplished, right? :D

For this message the author Sphara has received thanks:
Sandman25

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 21:29

NaTm is done
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks:
xentronium

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th May 2015, 23:18

tabstorm wrote:NaTm is done

Thanks for finishing that up!
Sandman25 wrote:No, I like comborobin idea, I even killed 3 FoWn's on berotato during some very late night :) I learned that Nemelex is not good for Fo, half of cards from escape deck is blocked by stasis.

Edit2. Also I wasn't playing very carefully as comborobin, it is hard for me when I know that the character can be killed later by other players anyway ;)

Glad you like it! We don't exactly have enough people playing comborobin for the speed you play at to to matter. Although I admit I have started 0.16 games because trunk was busy. With regards to your edit2, I totally get where you're coming from. I like to think that if someone realizes they can't handle a particular character, they will park it and ask for someone else to take over.
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 00:14

Sphara wrote:I am REALLY slow player myself (chat and slow connection cannot explain over 20 h games). Thing about account being busy coz of you, shouldn't be an issue since the goal of this comborobin is never gonna be accomplished, right? :D

Oh ye of little faith! Of course it's going to finish! Why, just check right back here in 3 years...And we'll start plugging in the holes of hte combos we don't have yet! And then another year or two, and boom! Done!

Now that NaTm is done, I'll start up a NaMo, then NaFi, then....Tasonir: playing the terrible part of the naga power curve, so you don't have to!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 01:39

xentronium wrote:Glad you like it! We don't exactly have enough people playing comborobin for the speed you play at to to matter. Although I admit I have started 0.16 games because trunk was busy. With regards to your edit2, I totally get where you're coming from. I like to think that if someone realizes they can't handle a particular character, they will park it and ask for someone else to take over.

I cleared a couple of Lair levels with TrCK on berotato and then such interesting thing happened that I decided to leave current situation for other players :)
Sorry, I cannot enjoy comborobin, I can't feel responsible and have fun at the same time, enough of team responsibility on work.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 04:14

Ohh! That was the char I started! Thank you for playing him! He is on D15 now, so it sounds like someone else helped him along too.

As far as it goes, I am happier that other people are having fun with the character than I would be upset if someone got him killed. If I was attached to characters, I would be on my own account.

I get it though. Play crawl the way you want to play it. Thank you for the brief sojourn into comborobin!

For this message the author edgefigaro has received thanks:
Sandman25

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 05:06

(Or play anonymously, no one will ever know)
Comborobin Admin

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 10:39

The king of all combos, HuFi, done by yours truly, one yet anonymous player and finished by Bart.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 12:44

Well i was going to show you all my DsHu build but i got first mut claws 1 so i decided to go "monk with a sling" he's got claws 3 and some other not so good muts sitting in lair. Don't go down the excluded staircase though...

I got an icecave and had rC+ but the first thing i met was a walkerboh ghost that slaped me for 40 damage so i had to just leave.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 15:56

braveplatypus wrote:Well i was going to show you all my DsHu build but i got first mut claws 1 so i decided to go "monk with a sling" he's got claws 3 and some other not so good muts sitting in lair. Don't go down the excluded staircase though...

I got an icecave and had rC+ but the first thing i met was a walkerboh ghost that slaped me for 40 damage so i had to just leave.

This is CAO btw. Thanks, not every day that you get to play a monstrous demonspawn.
Comborobin Admin

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 18:45

15 runed MfFi for extended practice. Of course, I find amazing items in end vaults when I'm not playing for score.
Edit: Had some help from tasonir and at least one other person.
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 31st May 2015, 15:21

Another combo delivered by me and Sphara, VSWr. The game was so smooth and pleasant that it was hard to bid farewell.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 31st May 2015, 16:16

I've just parked an HaAr^Kiku in Lair:4. No particularly good gear, not my favourite spells from kiku (at least there's animate dead), but that whip of pain I've found early on is enough to carry on this little one for still many floors.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 31st May 2015, 16:53

TrCK//CBRO just started the spider 4 vault, going for the second rune. Have done first two levels of vaults, but slime may be better 3rd rune, I have a bunch of evokables and can get RC+++ without two much difficulty (there is a +2 cloak of cold resistance, also could Ice dragon armor, holding out for FDA/GDA really.)

My internet connection is junk for a month, I'd be happy if someone wanted to work on him.
Next

Return to The Dart Board