cooking

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 05:39

cooking

:?: any new ideas out there on the cooking front?
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 06:01

Re: cooking

You know, initially, I misread that as 'any new ideas on a cooking font' and that's when it struck me, that's what we *really* need, is cooking inspired fonts, you know that a pizza font is *critical* to any proper game-playing experience don't you?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 07:35

I just moved in to a new place and found some abandoned Tomoshiraga Somen Noodles (not to be confused with Tomoshiraga Semen Noodles). They take about 5 minutes to get a portion ready including boiling the water, and are like spaghettinis of half the diameter. They are helpfully separated in portions within the bag and taste very similar to other pasta. So far I really like them!

Also, the bag has a picture of an old dude with a nice hat and wielding a quarterstaff. There's also a tall bird looking up to the guy with complete trust being conveyed through it's eyes. I think they're friends.

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 07:56

Cooking is the art of using fire magic to increase the nutrition of food. Uncooking is the art of using Ice Magic to increase the longevity and nutrition of food. Anticooking is the art of using life magic to preserve food. Cacocooking is the art of using necromancy to bring the food back to life...

On a more serious (more crawl-related anyways) note: I think the rampant cooking-related suggestions disappeared because we got rid of nausea. Most the people that suggested it either were from a practical standpoint wanting to get rid of nausea or from a flavor standpoint tired of their characters constantly feeling 'disgusted' at eating chunks.
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 08:31

I at least treat my adventurers with respect and feed them with whatever tasty (and mysteriously not inedible) junk there is lying on the dungeon floor, while most hoard this junk and keep the poor adventurers on a strict diet of disgusting, uncooked flesh chopped off their fallen enemies.

and yes, eating exclusively permafood is indeed a speedrunning strategy
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 13:51

L27 cooking skill title: Pan Lord.
Comborobin Admin

For this message the author xentronium has received thanks: 9
and into, bcadren, Greyr, nicolae, Pereza0, RBrandon, rockygargoyle, Sar, XuaXua

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 15:21

bcadren wrote:Cooking is the art of using fire magic to increase the nutrition of food. Uncooking is the art of using Ice Magic to increase the longevity and nutrition of food. Anticooking is the art of using life magic to preserve food. Cacocooking is the art of using necromancy to bring the food back to life...

no one is disputing the very obvious mechanics behind cooking. yes, anticooking. yes, cacocooking. what i mean is are there any new ideas out there as far as getting cooking in the game?
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 16:49

why bother trying to add cooking into DSCC when you have the superior DCPT
That's a silly name!

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 17:19

xentronium wrote:L27 cooking skill title: Pan Lord.

That took me a few seconds to understand smh
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 17:36

Slap and stab wrote:why bother trying to add cooking into DSCC when you have the superior DCPT

umm because no one plays DC:PT and no one even applied for the beta

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 20:09

So what are we cooking today? Felids? I heard felids. We're cooking felids?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 20:37

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner