Piety trove mechanic

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 15:19

Piety trove mechanic

I entered piety trove worshiping Ashenzari without realizing it makes getting piety impossible. How exactly does it work? Can I rejoin Ashenzari? Will I be able to get piety with other gods?
I failed to find the info in knowledge db/wiki.
Thank you.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 16:20

Re: Piety trove mechanic

Are you sure it's making it literally impossible? I have some experience with joining Ash relatively late (had a NaWz who left Chei after buying lightning scales in a shop in Orc and joined Ash because personal preference) and the piety gain in the mid-late game felt really slow.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 16:24

I am not sure, I explored Crypt 1 and some Crypt 2 with everything cursed but still have no stars.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 16:25

Only 1.5 floors? That's not much.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 17:01

I wonder how this works with Ru; more sacrifices required?
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 17:16

The amount of piety you get from exploration was also adjusted very recently, and I think that may have caused it to be slightly slower? I'm not sure if it had any major effect on a full-sized map, though.

For this message the author wheals has received thanks:
Sandman25

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 17:26

Sandman25 wrote:I entered piety trove worshiping Ashenzari without realizing it makes getting piety impossible. How exactly does it work? Can I rejoin Ashenzari? Will I be able to get piety with other gods?
I failed to find the info in knowledge db/wiki.
Thank you.

Would exploring the Abyss be a good plan for trying to rebuild your piety?

For this message the author dornbeast has received thanks:
Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 17:30

dornbeast wrote:Would exploring the Abyss be a good plan for trying to rebuild your piety?

Probably not. I don't like Abyss and don't need skills boost that much.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 21st January 2015, 18:58

Ru'll make you take sacrifices again.

->learned this the hard way
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

For this message the author Lyrick has received thanks:
XuaXua

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 06:17

It took me Crypt 1-3, part of Tomb 1, Depths 3-5, Vaults 5 and fully explored Slime 1-6 to get back to max piety so the trove fee was not that small (though I was playing carefully and always healed to 100% before autoexploring).

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 12:29

For what its worth, if you can handle Abyss or Pan these are usually great places to get Ash piety (I havent done this for a month or so, so if explore piety recently got hit then this may not hold). Abyss 1 lets you uncover tiles very fast with encounters that are probably easier than much of the static content remaining to you. The problem with joining him late is that the amount of tiles you need to uncover to pick up the stars is the same, but these tiles are on hard floors with tough monsters and slower/longer fights, so its gonna feel really slow. Unless you have amulet of faith or are happy to scum Abyss 1 I probably wouldnt enter Piety trove under Ash.

Edit: you also need to be really cursed for piety to get rolling, a few pieces generally doesnt cut it and i like to be as close to locked down as i can while actually trying to gain stars
Online Wins: MiFi, GrFi, TrMo, HOGl, SpEn, {DEWz, DDNe}, {OgBe, CeHu}, FoFi, VSFi, MfGl, {HaGl, VpEn, HESk}, KoAs, DsFi, TeMo

For this message the author celem has received thanks:
Sandman25

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 12:59

If you don't mind me asking, what is a "Piety Trove"? Do troves now have a chance of requiring a chunk of piety to open?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 13:01

Giant Orange Brainbow Dash wrote:Do troves now have a chance of requiring a chunk of piety to open?

Yes.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd January 2015, 13:20

celem wrote:For what its worth, if you can handle Abyss or Pan these are usually great places to get Ash piety (I havent done this for a month or so, so if explore piety recently got hit then this may not hold). Abyss 1 lets you uncover tiles very fast with encounters that are probably easier than much of the static content remaining to you. The problem with joining him late is that the amount of tiles you need to uncover to pick up the stars is the same, but these tiles are on hard floors with tough monsters and slower/longer fights, so its gonna feel really slow. Unless you have amulet of faith or are happy to scum Abyss 1 I probably wouldnt enter Piety trove under Ash.

Edit: you also need to be really cursed for piety to get rolling, a few pieces generally doesnt cut it and i like to be as close to locked down as i can while actually trying to gain stars

I was fully cursed when exploring. Ash is stupidly powerful for species with normal aptitudes, I had Necromutation/CBlink/Iron Shot/Bolt of Fire at 1% (no wizardry) and Evo 20 after getting 5th rune (golden) so it was boring and I ignored Pan/Abyss/Hell. Also it was first time when I killed almost all Vaults 5 monsters with scrolls of immolation and disc of storms while standing on the stairs, pretty fun.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice