Q2 re: gfx

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 01:37

Q2 re: gfx

Scaling? I dunno. Tried tweaking the settings in rc to do something about this, but to no avail. I get these two differences between versions, also. (I really want to play trunk, but these aesthetic concerns are deterring me.) Look at the hp/mp bars:

____0.15____ ____0.16____
Image Image

Where's they go? Yeah, if I zoom out, I get bigger bars, but then I get a big (to me), clunky screen. Why are the two versions so different with regards to graphical rendering? Any tips on how to get the old bars back appreciated.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 01:43

Re: Q2 re: gfx

The real question here is

why arent you using the fluffy white felid

For this message the author Insular Community has received thanks:
Abominae

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 18:22

Aule wrote:Why are the two versions so different with regards to graphical rendering?

This could be related to the switch to SDL2 which happened somewhere in 0.16 trunk. You could build a version from right before the SDL2 branch was merged to find out if this is what causes it.

For this message the author Tedronai has received thanks:
Aule

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 20:13

Tedronai wrote:You could build a version...

I could try to build one, after installing, making and testing the development build process for this software on my own without prior experience with the whole of it, or its retinue of contribs, or even the very compiler used. Accessing the git repo, which is all I have done, is a mere baby step in that process. More handily for the immediate present, perhaps an existing dev could do what you suggest and resolve the issue, because it seems to me that it is an issue. Maybe even a bug? For my own part, I will embark on the path of acquiring such facility, but don't expect patches from me any time soon.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 20:18

Yeah, if I zoom out, I get bigger bars, but then I get a big (to me), clunky screen.

OP it sounds like you're not playing at the native resolution and Crawl is scaling down the screen as a result.
take it easy

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 6th December 2014, 21:05

Thank you, and I understand, but there is a significant difference in the rendering of that scaling between versions where there is no external change in platform, resolution or environment. It's clearly a source issue, and Tedronai indicated a clue as to where it likely lies.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner