Miscast ideas (semi-serious)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 15:49

Miscast ideas (semi-serious)

In the last weekly update spell miscast effects have been revamped, and there was mention that some better ideas could be used for some of the schools. I have some ideas; I don't know how useful they would actually be as miscast effects though.

Poison - take corrosive damage
Any elemental school - summons one or more hostile elementals of the appropriate type
Conjurations - take dispel-flavored damage (a la purple drac or qsilver dragon) "the misdirected force of your conjuration blasts away enchantments affecting you"
Conjurations - negative Archmagi for a brief period; those who use conjurations may be the most dependent on spell power
Conjurations - several fulminant prisms appear adjacent to you
Earth - shafting!
Earth - Doroklohe's tomb!
??? - vastly reduced LOS for a brief period

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 16:06

Re: Miscast ideas (semi-serious)

Rumbleguts wrote:Earth - Doroklohe's tomb!

those are beneficial

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 16:06

Along with the changes to corrosion, acid attacks have been made somewhat more common and better integrated in the game in general. So adding acid into the rotation for miscast effects (either for poison, or just for conjuration) would make sense.

Negative archmagi doesn't seem to fit for conjurations. Dispelling miscast could potentially cancel flight while over water or lava. I really like the idea of spawning a fulminant prism or two near you, though.

Shafting is probably too harsh (and wouldn't do anything in some levels—Pan, abyss, branch ends, etc.—anyway, and I don't think I would like having a bad miscast effect be harmless on some levels but very dangerous on others). D's Tomb would be either enormously helpful or a completely non-threatening minor nuisance in nearly all cases; in 1 out of a 100 cases, it could force a ctrl+qYes. Vastly reduced LOS temporarily would be either enormously helpful or a minor nuisance in exactly all cases.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 16:09

Sar wrote:
Rumbleguts wrote:Earth - Doroklohe's tomb!

those are beneficial

Yeah I know. Shafting could also be useful I guess.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 16:15

and into wrote:Dispelling miscast could potentially cancel flight while over water or lava.

Perhaps if it worked like some of the dispel effects do now, such that it reduces the duration of certain effects to one or two turns instead of instantly ending them? Such a miscast effect might still not be noticed by a player desperately trying to blast an enemy with IMB, especially since you aren't seeing a bolt of dispelling energy pass through you.

and into wrote:So adding acid into the rotation for miscast effects (either for poison, or just for conjuration) would make sense. ... I really like the idea of spawning a fulminant prism or two near you, though.

Thanks!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner