Cellphone Signal Jammer

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 08:42

Cellphone Signal Jammer

How about trying the Cellphone Signal Jammer? they are really useful and are selling at good price now, with the high-tech manufaturing, they can perform good in various relatice activities.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 08:45

Re: Cellphone Signal Jammer

This seems on topic. Mods, can you let us play around for a bit before this is deleted or kicked to cyc?

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 08:52

CLAN being down has lead me to suspect that someone is jamming the servers signal. This isnt okey! The obvious answer is all of us buying signal jammers at a good price with high-tech manufaturing as gavinrochford suggested so we can jam them right back!

Barkeep

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 09:55

khalil wrote:This seems on topic. Mods, can you let us play around for a bit before this is deleted or kicked to cyc?

Up to a point—sure. (I'm not gonna let this stuff junk up other forums.)

On topic:

Spoiler: show

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 11:33

and into wrote:On topic

sure, because we would never want anything offtopic here.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
and into

Barkeep

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 16:56

Hirsch I wrote:
and into wrote:On topic

sure, because we would never want anything offtopic here.

That's why I spoilered it. Because it was actually relevant.

For this message the author and into has received thanks:
Lyrick

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 19:20

crazy yiuf's corner is crazy.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 21:13

gavinrochford wrote:How about trying the Cellphone Signal Jammer? they are really useful and are selling at good price now, with the high-tech manufaturing, they can perform good in various relatice activities.

wtf...

relatice?
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 21:26

xen beat me to it slightly, but yes, I am going to need to know more about these relatice activities before I can judge of this topic is on topic or not.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 22:11

Okay, maybe this is just me, but I really don't like the Tavern policy of leaving spam threads and just editing out the links, and don't think it's a healthy policy for an Internet forum.
1. It makes the forum's moderation team look less active than it actually is. If you see a thread called "Cellphone Signal Jammer" sticking around for days on a forum, it's a pretty obvious conclusion to make that the moderators are either inactive or don't give a shit. Do you specifically want users to have a worse perception of your forum than they should? Yes, if they click on the topic and read it they'll find out that it actually was "dealt with", but why would they bother when it's clearly a spam topic? What could possibly be a less interesting topic to click on?
2. Let's say, against all odds, that users actually are discussing something worthwhile in the spam topic. In this case, it's hard to find, because it's in a topic with a useless spam title. Wouldn't you be better off providing one "Post Random Drivel" topic instead of having a new non-descriptively-titled topic every time a spambot shows up and someone replies with a joke before a moderator gets to it?
3. I'm willing to bet that editing out the links has absolutely no effect for forum users. Users already know not to follow those links, this isn't your grandparents' email inbox. All it does is indicate to me that you were willing to put in the effort required to delete the post or move it to the trash and get rid of the clutter on the subforum page and "show unread posts", but decided not to actually do it because you think it's funny or something.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
and into, Psiweapon

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 27th October 2014, 22:23

duvessa wrote: donald-like rant

people have fun messing around those posts, and it does not really do any harm. nobody will lose respect for the mods because of some strange posts in CYC, without even reading it. if someone can make a thread dedicated to "yo momma" jokes for fun, people can hang around this random stuff poking light fun at it.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
Psiweapon

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 28th October 2014, 02:51

So I started a serious thread over in Suggestions and Criticism forum about Tavern policy regarding spam posts. I encourage anyone interested to head over there and discuss the matter:

https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14016&p=194844#p194844

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner