YAFVP

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 3rd June 2011, 09:54

YAFVP

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.8.0 character file.

1440920 Vark II the Conqueror (level 27, 236/236 (241) HPs)
Began as a Kobold Berserker on June 2, 2011.
Was a High Priest of Trog.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 3 runes (of 3 types) on June 3, 2011!

The game lasted 04:07:26 (85590 turns).

http://pastebin.com/JyiEr2ka

Finally done it. This KoBe just became unbelievably unstoppable mid-game, more so than ever KoBes usually are. Runes were Swamp, Vault, Snake; breezed through the lot of them. First time in Zot (hell, first time with more than 2 runes), and no real close calls in the endgame. Could probably have gone on to do more, but I thought it more important to actually get a win under my belt. ;)

For this message the author Wolfechu has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 3rd June 2011, 12:06

Re: YAFVP

Yahoo! Congratulations - that's gotta taste sweet, and 4 hours is pretty darn quick.

I play fairly slowly I know, but my current game has been going for over 10 and I only have one rune!
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 3rd June 2011, 12:19

joellercoaster wrote:Yahoo! Congratulations - that's gotta taste sweet, and 4 hours is pretty darn quick.

I play fairly slowly I know, but my current game has been going for over 10 and I only have one rune!

Thanks! To be honest, that's actually pretty fast for me too; my previous best (2 runes and dead) was at six and a half hours, looking at CAO. Normally I drag my heels a lot more, but like I say, this char just really breezed through everything past lair, thanks to a decent few early pieces of equipment.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 3rd June 2011, 12:23

Good lord, that blade is a beast!

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 3rd June 2011, 12:39

mrbobbyg wrote:Good lord, that blade is a beast!

Yep, better than anything Trog gave me the whole game. Mind, I accidentally read a manual of slings with about a crazy amount of xp on the clock at some point, which put me straight to level 17 in slings. Got a lot of bullets from that point onwards, though I'd had plenty of short blades from him before, all pretty lacking...

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too