Music and Sound In-Game

If you are interested in helping with tiles, vaults, patches or documentation, this is the place for that.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 22nd July 2013, 04:09

Re: Music and Sound In-Game

Hey! Sorry I've been gone. I'm actually a music teacher. I just got married, which was a whirlwind, and have been searching for jobs this summer. I'll contribute more soon in the next week, if I can, and that comprehensive list will be a great guide.

Sorry, I was sort of feeling like this was gonna take off more than it did, and I wouldn't need to be as involved, because I don't know that it will happen any time soon if I do a large part of it.

That being said, I always give my best, even if it's not *the* best. I'll do what I can for you guys, and look for something in the next couple of weeks.

For this message the author corvett has received thanks: 3
evktalo, Marbit, mumra

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 22nd July 2013, 11:36

No problems, whatever you can contribute is great. And things can sometimes happen a bit slowly around here, especially with something that's potentially a large undertaking.

In the next couple of weeks I might try to set up some basic infrastructure with what material we have so far, this might encourage more contributors. A number of people have expressed interest in this project so I think once things are rolling the pace might pick up.

Anyway, good to hear from you, I was worried you'd disappeared! ;)

For this message the author mumra has received thanks:
evktalo

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 3rd September 2013, 16:07

Good luck making this, contributors! :)
Would be cool to have different music for different branches and such like mentioned already. Maybe 'danger' boss music when a unique appears.

I usually blast my metal music while playing, so I charge in like a crazy moshpit guy, and YASD occurs.

Some legit, good quality music would be awesome. Thanks for the effort. :)

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 6th September 2013, 20:21

http://opengameart.org/

Can type in 'fantasy', search it, then click 'music' and whatever license. Some good stuff open for use there.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 2nd February 2014, 04:57

Sorry for the several month hiatus. Here's another track for you:

https://soundcloud.com/corvett/backgrou ... or-dungeon

I'm just going to be uploading things as I can. I think I should be a lot more useful in the summer. I am sure the project will die without many interested people, so I'll do as much as I can, when I can, but for now, I've got one more track, and it's linked above.

It's almost ten minutes, and should loop pretty easily. A little more modern, and pretty dark. I'll let you guys figure out where it goes best =)

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 14th February 2014, 21:54

Ach, I missed the update. I'll try to give a listen asap, corvett. Thanks for keeping the thing going.

We've lost mumra to gaming industry. I've been keeping this in the back of my head, but not a line of code so far. Maybe in the summer, I'm trying to graduate by June. But of course I might be busy with a job or something.

--Eino

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 28th September 2014, 16:21

I'm a band director. It's a 50+ hour a week job. That being said, I don't have a ton of free time for this project.

However, it's been on my mind since I started this thread. I'm still working on pieces that will go into this, as well as worrying about sound effects.

One small compliction - I know the game is in constant development. Here is the document we created a while ago https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq3cvfLkozXUdFNtbzNsV2ZQQzZ5SE5hb08zZm0wcVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

I'd like to update it to make it current to the needs of the game. I'd like to invite any composer that wants to to work on this project. I'll be working on it too, but my progress won't be very fast at all.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 30th May 2015, 23:26

So I've been trying my hand at some songs for this project. I've finished a couple and have a few more that are close to completion.

Here is my take on a title screen theme:

https://soundcloud.com/darkwolf-16/legends-of-the-orb-of-zot

It is symphonic mainly because that is what I was interested in writing at the moment. Plus, I doubt I could emulate corvette's style, so I didn't even try.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 19th July 2015, 05:48

I really like your tracks, Darkwolf. Especially the main theme.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 21st July 2015, 23:21

Thanks. That's always nice to hear.

It's too bad this thread has kind of died out though. Still, it's been fun writing for this.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 19th October 2015, 20:48

“Zot”

http://opengameart.org/content/zot-audio-effects-for-dcss

Not something that most people care to want, it seems, but I noticed a niche for these the first time I encountered a level with a Zot Trap.
They are small and short. Hmm, almost like my — :lol:
Previous

Return to Contributions