Bloody Death

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 21:57

Bloody Death

1. I think there should be another "cool" thing added to the game: bloody death of the character.

Currently, when character dies - either of killing him by the monster or quitting the game - DC just ends with the "you die" message. My idea is to add yet one turn just to visually show the death: when character dies, his meet and blood explodes all over the nearby tiles, like by blasting him by the missile (meat chunks) or by flayed ghost activity (blood). Let the player look at the death of his character (that would mean adding extra turn to the game clock, where the character is shown dead). That would annoy the player even more and make the character's death yet more irritating. Maybe there should be a special "grave" or "RIP"-like tile shown, replacing a dead character surrounded by the bloodbath?

2. When you quit the game (ctrl+q), the following message is shown up: "you have quit the game" - or something like this. IMO, "you have commited suicide" message would sound better, because, technically speaking, quitting the game means a suicide. If you want to live and escape (retreat), thus loose the game alive without gaining the Orb, there's always an option of "quitting" the dungeon alive - you just have to go to Lvl1 and escape by going out (fleeing) of the dungeon.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 22:33

Re: Bloody Death

Please don't implement it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 16th September 2014, 23:54

I don't want Crawl to waste my time with extra keypresses just because someone thought it would be "cool". As for 2, that was tried and reverted.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 17th September 2014, 01:12

@duvessa
"I don't want Crawl to waste my time with extra keypresses"

Yeah, like 0.3 second.

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 17th September 2014, 04:12

It's been a long time since I've done this, but this thread crossed my internal silliness threshold and has moved to CYC.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner