Blocks of Ice and LRD

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 16:41

Blocks of Ice and LRD

If they are like statues, and made of ice, then why not? Not that Glaciate needs to be more powerful, but from a consistency's perspective, it's an odd variation from the theme.

For this message the author Aule has received thanks: 3
dck, johlstei, Sar

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th August 2014, 16:22

Re: Blocks of Ice and LRD

This would be a fun spell interaction between two schools that you currently have very little reason to train both of, I don't see it being gamebreaking. I like it.

dck

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 27th August 2014, 16:26

Probably more of an oversight than anything else.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 28th August 2014, 00:23

I have noticed since posting the above that you can "kill" the blocks of ice. They melt and disappear rather quickly, but if you ctrl-hit them, you damage them, like living things. Also, if they are flash-frozen near a slime wall, they will die from acid burns before they disappear on their own by melting, which is kind of weird, but which made me notice they could be hurt.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 28th August 2014, 00:34

Aule wrote:I have noticed since posting the above that you can "kill" the blocks of ice. They melt and disappear rather quickly, but if you ctrl-hit them, you damage them, like living things. Also, if they are flash-frozen near a slime wall, they will die from acid burns before they disappear on their own by melting, which is kind of weird, but which made me notice they could be hurt.

You can damage the pillars of salt from zin recite too.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 28th August 2014, 00:43

Salt pillars and Glaciate ice blocks are the same thing (with different descriptions)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 28th August 2014, 17:47

FR: Make torpor snails & gastronok take massive damage from LRD'ing a salt pillar.

For this message the author birdoprey has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, Lyrick, Sar

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 00:37

birdoprey wrote:FR: Make torpor snails & gastronok take massive damage from LRD'ing a salt pillar.

So nethack it hurts, but I love it

Return to Game Design Discussion