YASD: Fe vs Komodo Dragon

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 16th August 2014, 17:47

YASD: Fe vs Komodo Dragon

I mean the fact that it doesn't make you sick anymore is nice, but this is seriously too much damage. The amount of AC that I have is actually tremendous for a felid at this point in the game since I got very lucky with my mutations.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 16th August 2014, 18:35

Re: YASD: Fe vs Komodo Dragon

Secret Felid super-powered 100% no-dying tech:
"You are faster than a Komodo Dragon, and they can only attack at range 1, therefore, you never have to be attacked by them"

Seriously, Felid's biggest strength is to be able to say "Oh, *that* no I don't want to get attacked by that, later!" I think I personally would have more success with Felids if they didn't have extra lives, it gets me accustomed to playing more riskily than you really should play as a Felid.

Of course, the downside to all this power is the utter tedium of running away over and over and over again.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 17th August 2014, 00:45

Siegurt wrote:Secret Felid super-powered 100% no-dying tech:
"You are faster than a Komodo Dragon, and they can only attack at range 1, therefore, you never have to be attacked by them"

Seriously, Felid's biggest strength is to be able to say "Oh, *that* no I don't want to get attacked by that, later!" I think I personally would have more success with Felids if they didn't have extra lives, it gets me accustomed to playing more riskily than you really should play as a Felid.

Of course, the downside to all this power is the utter tedium of running away over and over and over again.

The problem isn't as much with running away which is more than doable, but this was a single shot kill which isn't nice when going down a staircase.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 17th August 2014, 00:58

You went down the staircase while adjacent to the Komodo dragon ? It seems that way since the screenshot shows he got 2 attacks in, not one. Sorry for your loss.
Online Wins: DeCj (4), HeAe (10), DrAs (15), DDAr (11)

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 11:01

75 * Komodo dragons now bite harder but don't sicken the player. :(

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 18:24

Yeah, that seems to be entering a level that he had already entered before. The question is if he lured the dragon to the stairs, in which case he took a risk, or if he hadn't taken those stairs before, and it wasn't known to be by the stairs.

Even if it was known to be there, I could see myself making the mistake of walking down to fight it. You're at full life, you have 30EV, it's unlikely to hit you, if you do take a bad hit, you can just run...Not to mention he somehow magically has 10 AC, he's practically invincible...oh wait, I'm dead? Damn. Sorry for the RNG :(

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
LJFCAT

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 19th August 2014, 23:31

tasonir wrote:Yeah, that seems to be entering a level that he had already entered before. The question is if he lured the dragon to the stairs, in which case he took a risk, or if he hadn't taken those stairs before, and it wasn't known to be by the stairs.

Even if it was known to be there, I could see myself making the mistake of walking down to fight it. You're at full life, you have 30EV, it's unlikely to hit you, if you do take a bad hit, you can just run...Not to mention he somehow magically has 10 AC, he's practically invincible...oh wait, I'm dead? Damn. Sorry for the RNG :(

The run ended up with 15 runes so it was all good, but that would have been a very mean run ender if that were my last life
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Eugen ... 200542.txt

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 20th August 2014, 00:44

The problem isn't komodo dragons, it's that felids are a really badly designed race

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 20th August 2014, 00:56

Patashu wrote:The problem isn't komodo dragons, it's that felids are a really badly designed race

I personally like the design and them being underpowered with the ability to come back to life. What I dislike are unavoidable death situations.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 20:21

tasonir wrote:Not to mention he somehow magically has 10 AC, he's practically invincible...

Thanked, because this made me laugh. ^_^

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too