CSDC S2 Week 6 - HuHu - CLOSED

Official tournaments, but also any competition, challenge of the week or other player initiative for competitive crawling.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 27th June 2014, 23:42

CSDC S2 Week 6 - HuHu - CLOSED

Please use this thread for discussion of all things pertaining to Week 6 of Crawl Sudden Death Challenges Season 2.

Week 6: HuHu (Human Hunter)

Tier I Bonus: Champion a god before entering Lair.
Tier II Bonus: Champion two non-good gods before entering a rune branch (excluding the Hells).

*Note: For the purpose of bonuses, "branch" means "multi-level branch, not including the main Dungeon".
Unless otherwise specified, you do not need to win the game to get points for the bonus challenges.

CSDC Season 2 Results and Standings

Week 6 Challenge Wins
Spoiler: show
None so far!
Last edited by WalkerBoh on Saturday, 20th September 2014, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 00:08

Re: CSDC S2 Week 6 - HuHu

So we saved the best char of the season for last. Remember, the top 4 from each division make the playoffs (which start in 2 weeks!), and every player will have their lowest score dropped at the end of Week 6. Good luck to everyone, make this last game count. :)

Edit: As of right now, the playoffs seedings are:

Code:
Division 1
1   Sphara
2   minmay
3   HilariousDeathArtist
4   Zooty

Division 2
1   guppyfry
2   Xen
3   Category
4   MDvedh

Division 3
1   Strat
2   WildSam
2   Midpoint
4   Sharkman1231

Division 4
1   allbefore
2   XuaXua
3   Moanerette
4   SaintRoka

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 06:02

Well I have to say the Tier II was a bit easier than I was hoping. I knocked it out by the end of Lair with Chei -> Trog. Championed Chei by around D:10, mollified by Lair:3, and championed Trog by Lair:8. Pretty great game too, got a vamp demon whip on Lair:2. :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 18:10

WalkerBoh wrote:Well I have to say the Tier II was a bit easier than I was hoping. I knocked it out by the end of Lair with Chei -> Trog. Championed Chei by around D:10, mollified by Lair:3, and championed Trog by Lair:8. Pretty great game too, got a vamp demon whip on Lair:2. :)

Made soem bad choices... Oka -> Fedhas... we'll see if I can survive a stone giant. Only amulet I found was... an amulet of Faith.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 18:11

Also shouldn't this be

Tier II Bonus: Champion two non-good gods before entering a rune branch (excluding the Hells and Abyss).
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 20:53

Yeah but Crawl doesn't treat entering Abyss like a branch. You're right, Abyss isn't included.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 28th June 2014, 21:11

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 30th June 2014, 19:21

Easiest character, but one of my worst attempts: killed one early, then on the retry got to XL 10 and got overconfident -- died to orc pack with just one point (for unique kill). I'm sad to see the competition end; while I'm a generally poor player, the tournament feel keeps the game fresh for me. Thanks a heap to WalkerBoh and all who set this up-- I had a (frustratingly ...) good time with this.

For this message the author Strat has received thanks:
XuaXua

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 1st July 2014, 18:07

I learned a valuable lesson about respecting the danger of ancient liches this run. If it summons a fiend, death is potentially just one turn away (torment+iron shot).
Comborobin Admin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st July 2014, 20:25

From my recent end of streak yavp:

After this game I was conflicted on trying to extend the streak, or playing the crawl sudden death challenge combos...I ended up settling on trying a risky but cool combo to extend the streak, NaTm, because it's just fun. Unfortunately and/or fortunately the terrible start of that combo made that a rather quick game - I couldn't kill a single hobgoblin all alone on d:1. I even missed a poison spit on it. To be fair, I did walk towards it and let it get the first hits, but hey. I might need to make a second account to be able to "pause" streaks - playing a long streak gets tiresome. After splatting the NaTm, I played my crawl sudden death games rather quickly - this season I just can't get any of them off the ground. Streak of 4 during the season, but splat every tournament character before lair :P

Splatted both my KoHe and HuHu's very, very quickly. I think I played both of the replays. I don't think I passed level 5 on any of the four of them. So I've been winning a lot of crawl lately, but had absolutely no results this season. Fun fun! Some of it was definitely bad early luck, but most of it was carelessness on my part. Maybe next time :)

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 3rd July 2014, 07:11

WalkerBoh wrote:Well I have to say the Tier II was a bit easier than I was hoping. I knocked it out by the end of Lair with Chei -> Trog. Championed Chei by around D:10, mollified by Lair:3, and championed Trog by Lair:8. Pretty great game too, got a vamp demon whip on Lair:2. :)

Took me until D:15 to champion Trog, then Lair:8 to get Chei. I was doing a lot of unskilled melee with Trog though, that probably didn't help thanks to piety decay.

edit: in addition to trog -> chei, I've done something else I didn't think I would - save an acquirement scroll for a trove and actually find the second one. Read-IDed one in D, then since I didn't need /haste anymore saved one in Lair, found another in Lair 8. trove had Vitality, a usable cloak, and a replacement acquirement scroll.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 5th July 2014, 11:07

Done.

Doesn't really matter, since splatting my KoHe threw me out of the competition :-/
Had to make use of my second attempt. The first one ended by quaffing a potion of paralysis (this was actually the second time during this CSDC season where this was the cause of my death).

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 5th July 2014, 13:34

Flopped.
Decided to go for 15 runes to get the 3rd seed, now even 4th is not guaranteed. Still way lesser of a mistake than not using scrolls of blinking at 50 hp next to Trog mob because of contam. Die and learn I guess.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 7th July 2014, 12:31

And I'm out. That was a pretty awful run of 6 games, I'm just surprised I managed to score any points at all.

Big thanks to WalkerBoh for organizing this. If it weren't for CSDC I might not have played any crawl at all these past 2 months. But you can probably downgrade me another division or 2 next season :D

Good luck to everyone going on to the playoffs! Happy crawling.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 9th July 2014, 04:43

Done. Trog to Chei, probably could have tried for the 75k if I didn't insist on Chief of Staff.

Thanks again for running it Walkerbogh and Lasty.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 9th July 2014, 07:05

rchandra wrote:Done.
Why 27 in staves; isnt 14 enough for lajatangs?
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 9th July 2014, 11:01

rchandra wrote:if I didn't insist on Chief of Staff.

Chief of Staff is the title you get for mastering staves.

For this message the author stickyfingers has received thanks:
Eyesburn

Return to The Dart Board