When xving panlord, indicate it may know spells

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 3rd July 2014, 01:43

When xving panlord, indicate it may know spells

If you don't xv panlords often a lot and you see 'oh, this panlord has no spells listed' you might be fooled into thinking it has no spells, because that's the way xv works on every other monster, but you'd be wrong.

I'd suggest automatically adding a line such as: "You do not know what spells this monster has mastered."

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks: 4
and into, archaeo, Arrhythmia, Sprucery

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd July 2014, 05:32

Re: When xving panlord, indicate it may know spells

Patashu wrote:If you don't xv panlords often a lot and you see 'oh, this panlord has no spells listed' you might be fooled into thinking it has no spells, because that's the way xv works on every other monster, but you'd be wrong.

I'd suggest automatically adding a line such as: "You do not know what spells this monster has mastered."

Done.

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks: 4
and into, Arrhythmia, Hirsch I, Patashu

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 3rd July 2014, 06:08

Re: When xving panlord, indicate it may know spells

PleasingFungus wrote:
Patashu wrote:If you don't xv panlords often a lot and you see 'oh, this panlord has no spells listed' you might be fooled into thinking it has no spells, because that's the way xv works on every other monster, but you'd be wrong.

Done.

Thanks~

Return to Game Design Discussion