Summons Targeting

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 15:55

Summons Targeting

I don't normally go for summoning (in general, it has always seemed a little dull to me), but I picked up Spell-forged Servitor since it was new to me, and complemented my DSCj of Dith (OOD). Is there a setting or something to tell the summons to attack whatever I'm blasting at? The summon will auto-attack a target if I melee attack it, or if it melee attacks me, so is there a way to do this for ranged attacks as well?
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 16:08

Re: Summons Targeting

I am not sure about the servitor but many summons can be controlled via 't' command.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 19:18

oops, sorry. Meant to include pertinent info like, 'I don't want to have to waste a turn telling a summon to attack a monster that is blasting me and that I am blasting back." This exists for melee, is there a setting that lets it work for targeted spells too?
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 31st May 2014, 21:59

Sandman25 wrote:I am not sure about the servitor but many summons can be controlled via 't' command.

This does work for the servitor.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 4th June 2014, 01:26

Quazifuji wrote:
Sandman25 wrote:I am not sure about the servitor but many summons can be controlled via 't' command.

This does work for the servitor.

Actually, it works, but not as well as you might wish. Controlling him with 't' will have him attack the targeted creature.
It will sometimes stand around after killing the enemy, though.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice