Damn you, Bravely Default...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 01:55

Damn you, Bravely Default...

Now every time I see the unique Agnes I want to pronounce her name "ahn-yes."

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 02:41

Re: Damn you, Bravely Default...

ahn... yes.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

For this message the author Hirsch I has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

zrn

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 06:11

Hirsch I wrote:ahn... yes~

ftfy

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 08:54

If you haven't played Bravely Default... one of the main characters is named Agnes, and that's how they pronounce it.

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 18:48

Hah. Didn't expect such a conversation to occur in the Tavern! There's not much talk of big budget games here, at least most of the time.

[rant] I actually own BD:WTFF and I have to say while it was a great idea story-wise and for all the hype it has received, the whole game feels rather disappointing and I feel like an idiot for buying it for 50 euros +shipping fees.

Plot spoilers ahead! Don't read if you intend to play the game or haven't fully beaten it yet!
Spoiler: show
It's so boring once you start awakening the crystals over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER again with Airy constantly breaking your balls on how to do it properly as if you don't know... It just feels as if the people who made this game are deliberately trolling you by not having an option to skip this shit. You have to revisit areas that have been explored already and fight bosses again, they're just a higher level and say different shit according to which world you're in. Very lazy tactic of making a game. After this ordeal of doing mostly all side quests in each world, I just can't get into the mood of wanting to play through a New Game+ -with any settings. I did beat Ouroboros in around 75 hours I believe and that was just about 1 week and a half after buying it... Yes, I sinked a lot of time in that game those days. I didn't do 100% on everything, but then again I'm not that paranoid about getting all items and bestiary entries. I just think this game was made to appeal to hardcore fans of FFV but while the system is great and all, it does feel kind of rushed and the whole crystal awakening thing is just mind numbing since you have to do it so many times to really beat the game and see the full story... But wait, you don't really get to do that. There's going to be a sequel, which is probably going to be a disappointment too.
I unlocked all classes and fully upgraded Norende. I have to admit, the title word play caught me off guard, but I'd like about half my money back please. This isn't a proper SNES era Final Fantasy successor. [/rant]

All in all, I've spent way more time with Crawl than any big budget game.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:02

TehDruid wrote:Hah. Didn't expect such a conversation to occur in the Tavern! There's not much talk of big budget games here, at least most of the time.

[rant] I actually own BD:WTFF and I have to say while it was a great idea story-wise and for all the hype it has received, the whole game feels rather disappointing and I feel like an idiot for buying it for 50 euros +shipping fees.

Plot spoilers ahead! Don't read if you intend to play the game or haven't fully beaten it yet!
It's so boring once you start awakening the crystals over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER again with Airy constantly breaking your balls on how to do it properly as if you don't know... It just feels as if the people who made this game are deliberately trolling you by not having an option to skip this shit. You have to revisit areas that have been explored already and fight bosses again, they're just a higher level and say different shit according to which world you're in. Very lazy tactic of making a game. After this ordeal of doing mostly all side quests in each world, I just can't get into the mood of wanting to play through a New Game+ -with any settings. I did beat Ouroboros in around 75 hours I believe and that was just about 1 week and a half after buying it... Yes, I sinked a lot of time in that game those days. I didn't do 100% on everything, but then again I'm not that paranoid about getting all items and bestiary entries. I just think this game was made to appeal to hardcore fans of FFV but while the system is great and all, it does feel kind of rushed and the whole crystal awakening thing is just mind numbing since you have to do it so many times to really beat the game and see the full story... But wait, you don't really get to do that. There's going to be a sequel, which is probably going to be a disappointment too.
I unlocked all classes and fully upgraded Norende. I have to admit, the title word play caught me off guard, but I'd like about half my money back please. This isn't a proper SNES era Final Fantasy successor. [/rant]

You missed the point of the title. You're supposed to default not only on your responsibility to awaken the crystals, but on your responsibility to beat the game. The only winning move is not to finish. Also never buy games before the price goes down.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:03

TehDruid wrote:Hah. Didn't expect such a conversation to occur in the Tavern! There's not much talk of big budget games here, at least most of the time.

Plot spoilers ahead! Don't read if you intend on playing the game or haven't fully beaten it yet!

You spent 75 hours with the game and want your money back? For the $50 investment? That's 67 cents per hour of play time. Compared to the average AAA game which is 6-8 hours for $60. Compared to a movie which is ~2 hours for ~$12. Getting more than an hours worth of entertainment value for a dollar is a rare occurrence in the world these days. And while it can't compare to something that is completely free like crawl(which would have more value efficiency even if you played BD constantly for the remainder of your life), your experience is well ahead of the average. And I can't comprehend how after saying that you'd argue you deserve your money back.

And even if the game got "bad" halfway through(which I freely admit it did, which is why I stopped playing it after the first 40 hours), that's still 40 hours of a very solid game for $50. Which is still way better value than you'll find elsewhere in the entertainment world.

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:25

NessOnett wrote:...

I get your point man, believe me. I'm just saying that after a while the game starts going downhill and you admitted it. It's just a shabby FF V successor. I can't compare it with FF VI in any way, tbh. That would be a disgrace.

Not saying that the music was shit, or the graphics. I liked both. But the game offers nothing to do other than New Game+ once you beat it. And beating it gets so boring. I mean I get it, you had an idea about parallel worlds and shit. Do I have to go through it this way? I really wished they had created something more memorable. And in the end, New Game+ doesn't bring anything new to the table, afaik. It's just a custom new game where you keep your main save stuff and go around doing the exact same things...
MuCK;
  Code:

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:38

TehDruid wrote: I actually own BD:WTFF

I just noticed the WTF in the title. "Bravely Default: What The F@$king F#%k?!" :p

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:46

Knight9910 wrote:
TehDruid wrote: I actually own BD:WTFF

I just noticed the WTF in the title. "Bravely Default: What The F@$king F#%k?!" :p

What's your opinion on the game?
MuCK;
  Code:

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 19:50

What I played I really did like, but I didn't get all that far. I got to chapter... 4, I think? The one where you're getting ready to enter the Fire Nation (or whatever they were called) and then I stopped playing for reasons I don't entirely remember.

I did think that the story was a bland cliche storm full of unlikable characters, though. And I wanted to smack Agnes.

For this message the author Knight9910 has received thanks:
TehDruid

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 20:11

Knight9910 wrote:I did think that the story was a bland cliche storm full of unlikable characters

That's exactly the reason why I say the game is not worth the money I paid for it. And to be honest, I was really thinking it over and over again, before finally ordering it. I was afraid that I would regret it. I was really wondering whether it was worth it. And in the end, my fear came true, it really was not entertaining beyond just a few moments... It felt like a chore beating it. I didn't feel excited playing the game, or seeing the end, like I've felt with other games before.

I'm also quite disappointed by the Pokemon game series. Perhaps I should stop playing those games for good. They're just going to keep reusing the same idea they had in 1996 or whatever for eternity, adding better visuals/sound/more pokemon and some features that didn't exist before to mask the fact that they got nothing groundbreaking to show with their franchise. Luckily for them, more people start getting into this franchise only nowadays, so they don't give a fuck about veteran players whose first game was Red/Blue. That's to be expected, I guess...

Fire Emblem: Awakening offers so many more things to do, since we're on the subject of 3ds games.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure only the Japanese get good rpgs...
MuCK;
  Code:

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner