list of killed monsters/uniques

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 18th April 2011, 09:55

list of killed monsters/uniques

Hi,

I really like crawls uniques and I think they could spotlighted some more with the following changes:

1) It would be nice if killed uniques were separated from normal monsters in morgue files.
2)I would really appreciate a menu where you could see all uniques you have seen, where you have seen them and a symbol to show if the unique is still alive.
The menu could be reachable via Strg+o and then a key to switch to uniques overview.

I think these proposals are quite unimportant and that there are more important things to do. But it would be nice nonetheless.
Any thougts about it?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 18th April 2011, 15:11

Re: list of killed monsters/uniques

Nice thought on #2, but since this isn't Angband and uniques aren't guaranteed to spawn, that list would do one of two things:

1) Lead relatively new people into thinking that there's something they're missing, if you list all uniques all the time. (By the time you've gotten past D:3 a handful of times, most players realize that uniques aren't guaranteed spawns.) Experienced players would just ignore it anyhow and go back through their message log to see who they've killed.

2) If you only list the uniques that have been generated for your current game, you've got a very spoily list of what to expect.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 19th April 2011, 04:52

I thought about only showing uniques you have seen in this game. So at dungeon level 1 the list would be empty. As soon as you meet Sigmund on dungeon level 3 and you flee to dungeon level 4 you would see something like
Sigmund [D:3]

After you have killed him the text could be greyed out.
So it is only a reference list and nothing new added to the game.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 19th April 2011, 12:42

That's what your message log is for (in console mode, ?, then : (colon)):
  Code:
  3043 | D:3     | Noticed Ijyb
  3060 | D:3     | Defeated Ijyb

I see what you're saying with the idea of giving uniques their own separate list. I don't see the necessity or desirability of devoting a separate keystroke or keystroke combo for it, though. (Although a means of searching the message log would be nice.)
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 21st May 2011, 14:33

Just put a travel exclusion when you run from a unique. That way it shows up in your list of travel exclusions. Automatically having a list sounds nice, but would very rarely be useful. So I doubt it's worth implementing.

Return to Technical Support