The resurrection (and death) of rl.heh.fi

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 9th June 2013, 14:52

The resurrection (and death) of rl.heh.fi

Unfortunately I only had access to Animate Skeleton, so currently rl.heh.fi is up and running in a very barebones state, missing many basic features. However, players are welcome to join and play to test the server. If and when problems arise, feedback is highly appreciated. I'm quite certain there won't be a total reset of all data at any point in the future, but uptime might be a bit patchy during the next few weeks.

-Located in Finland
-Latest released version of DCSS (also keeping the previous ones when new versions are released)
-Latest development version
-SSH (port 22): rl.heh.fi - username “rl” – no password
-WebTiles: http://rl.heh.fi
-Accounts and save files for SSH & WebTiles are shared.

If testing goes well, I'm hoping to keep the server alive until further notice. More games and features will follow!

Also, all the historical scores, ttyrecs and other data from the old rhf are safe, but not available at this time.
Last edited by joosa on Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author joosa has received thanks: 4
froboctopus, Galefury, galehar, Kalma

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 00:58

The death of rl.heh.fi

As some of you may have noticed, rl.heh.fi is down. It will remain down, and I am really sorry about that.
Logs and dumps are available here, if someone wants to keep them for posterity (statistics are fun!). (The data from the old rl.heh.fi, which wasn't running dgamelaunch, is structured a bit differently.)
There are also about 12 GB of ttyrecs, I'll post the link in private if they are needed.
Last edited by joosa on Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 01:07, edited 2 times in total.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 01:00

Re: The resurrection (and death) of rl.heh.fi

joosa: What a pity! Many thanks for the effort and support!!

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 26th February 2014, 07:23

Re: The resurrection (and death) of rl.heh.fi

I've played quite a few games on RHF. Thanks joosa for having kept it up!

Return to Technical Support