Autopickup all missiles

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 23:38

Autopickup all missiles

At present, characters autopickup all gold in site with autotraveling. I like this feature.

Is there a setting to extend this feature to missiles thrown by the player? It'd be nice to autopickup all arrows that you just shot after a battle. At present, I just pres o until I've picked up all my missiles. If there is a such a setting, maybe it should be on by default. If not, this post is a minor feature request.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 23:41

Re: Autopickup all missiles

you could make it so you don't stop after autopickup (I do this)

this isn't really a game design issue, though, is it? more of an interface deal

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 19th March 2011, 00:10

Add this in your options. Shouldn't we make this default? I like smart defaults.

Code:
explore_stop    += greedy_pickup_smart

Also, true about wrong forum. I'm moving this to interface.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks: 2
smock, Stormfox

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 19:38

Question for OS X binary users: where do I find this options file? I have a sneaking suspicion I have to compile it myself if I want to alter the options o_O

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:01

Jk wrote:Question for OS X binary users: where do I find this options file? I have a sneaking suspicion I have to compile it myself if I want to alter the options o_O

All options files (yes, there are several) can be found in the settings directory. If it isn't in the Crawl directory itself, it might be located with all the other user data in ~/Library/Application Support/Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (or something along those lines).
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:05

galehar: Changing the defaults is fine. Drop a quick line on c-r-d and off you go.

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:21

jpeg wrote:
Jk wrote:Question for OS X binary users: where do I find this options file? I have a sneaking suspicion I have to compile it myself if I want to alter the options o_O

All options files (yes, there are several) can be found in the settings directory. If it isn't in the Crawl directory itself, it might be located with all the other user data in ~/Library/Application Support/Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (or something along those lines).

This is indeed where the morgue and saves are, but there is no options file within either directory.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:45

Jk wrote:
jpeg wrote:All options files (yes, there are several) can be found in the settings directory. If it isn't in the Crawl directory itself, it might be located with all the other user data in ~/Library/Application Support/Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (or something along those lines).

This is indeed where the morgue and saves are, but there is no options file within either directory.

Hmm... at the top of the starting menu, does it mention init.txt anywhere? For me, it says "(Read options from ../settings/init.txt.)"
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 23rd March 2011, 20:49

doing a search for any file on my computer named "init.txt" only yields one for Dwarf Fortress ;)

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 24th March 2011, 00:27

The options file is in the app bundle. So assuming you put the app in /Applications, you'll find the init.txt in "/Applications/Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.app/Contents/Resources/settings/init.txt". (If you're not using a shell, just right click on the app and hit Show Package Contents, and go from there). Take a look at the docs folder in there, too, while you're there. You don't want to change that init.txt file, though, since it'll get overwritten when you update the game, so just copy it into your Home folder (/Users/yourname/init.txt) and then modify it as you like. You can alternately rename it to ".crawlrc" in your Home folder if you want to be unix-y and also hide it from the Finder.

You'll know if it's working when you start up the game, it says at the top which file it read for the configuration.

For this message the author sxoz has received thanks:
Jk

Jk

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 24th March 2011, 01:10

@sxoz - works like a charm!

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 24th March 2011, 08:33

dpeg wrote:galehar: Changing the defaults is fine.

Done.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
smock

Return to Technical Support