Transparent sections on player model

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 02:02

Transparent sections on player model

I play tiles at 800x480. (minimum supported size acc. to galehar) Unfortunately, player models with hair or beards have completely transparent faces (the floor/stairs/etc show through). Some armors end up having transparent patches as well. It's not gamebreaking or anything, but I am curious if there's a way around this or somesuch.
The green ugly thing basks in the mutagenic energy from your post and changes!

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 09:43

Re: Transparent sections on player model

Wow, strange bug. Can you try other resolutions? It might not be related to it. Anyway, you should post this to mantis.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 19:08

Well it works fine at default resolution, just for the reference, and the transparency issue occurs at 480x800 on both my laptop and desktop. Can check that on other computers as well, but whatever.
Anyway, I'm more than willing to check others, but I don't know what all is supported by crawl. Any prime suggestions?

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 19:23

Bah. edit timer ran out while typing. Alright, on a lark I went back and checked the issue with older versions I've got sitting around. I can reproduce the problem in trunk and .7, but not .5.1. Worth noting that that was before you could properly edit your player's features. Might have something to do with it.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 19:43

Any resolution higher than 480x800 is supported. If your using fullscreen, than it also depends on your graphic drivers and monitor, but in windowed mode, you can use any resolution you like. I can reproduce the bug under linux. I saw you reported it on mantis, good.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 18th March 2011, 20:16

Alright. I tested a pile of other resolutions, and I think I found the cutoff. Width doesn't effect the transparency issue at all, down to and including 800, but at any height lower than 544 it starts having the transparency problems. Replicated on multiple computers. Going to go update my mantis post.

Return to Technical Support