Tiles interface - spell keys

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 20:50

Tiles interface - spell keys

Just a small request, maybe this is already possible with some config file entry:
It would be nice if the spells subwindow on the bottom right hand part would show the key (keyboard char) that is assigned to each spell. Currently, a digit shows the spell level in the upper left corner. As I usually try to play as mouse-less as possible, showing the key would make casting spells more convenient with z, especially the ones that you dont use often (summon butterfiles, abjuration etc.), as well as programming macros with ~m (i have to repeatedly press z? to get all the spell keys). Not a big thing, but would make the interface a little more convenient.
Would be nice maybe for inventory items also.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 20:57

Re: Tiles interface - spell keys

I totally agree. I though about it but haven't implemented it yet. Spell key would be much more useful than spell level. For inventory, the icon is already quite busy with the brand and the quantity. But you can get the letter if you mouse-over the icon.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 22:50

Known issue. Codewise, it would be easy, and if that was all there was to it, I'd have added them sometime in 0.7. Unfortunately, we're still lacking the small letter tiles. I was desperate enough to try to draw them myself but the results were beyond abysmal. :oops:

To be more specific, we need "small letters (a-zA-Z) at a size of about 7×12 for the item slot overlay, preferably white and shaded like the numbers" (quoted from the tiles improvement wiki page). Any volunteers?
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 18:33

jpeg, you mean exporting just any font? Like this?
letters.png
letters.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 17th March 2011, 21:25

The result needs to be readable, and the font not copyrighted, at the very least.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support