Samsung Nexus 10 DCSS not working

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 10:59

Samsung Nexus 10 DCSS not working

On the Samsung Nexus 10 DCSS 0.12.2 console nor the trunk 0.13 is not working at all. After startup the screen stays black and later the stopping message is popping up. In the tiled version there is no keyboard function . Android version 4.3

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 12:04

Re: Samsung Nexus 10 DCSS not working

Sorry, as I've just said in the other android thread, the port isn't maintained right now. I don't think I can help you.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 21:16

Today was a completely new trunk of the android port available on this website and I did tried that one as mentioned above.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 22:15

Might I suggest getting an ssh client and playing online on your phone? That is what I do. It is annoying for primary casters but for melee dudes it works okay.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 22:37

There's actually a console port in the play store as well as the tiles apk that you can download from sourceforge.

Although the console port oddly overlays the screen on top of the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode, which is odd, and a little disconcerting. (Portrait mode on the other hand crams the entire 80x25 view screen into a little area at the top of the screen)

The tiles port is mostly superior, although honestly playing DCSS without a real keyboard just isn't for me.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 26th September 2013, 09:05

I tried the console version from the play store. On my galaxy note it work fine. On the tablet nexus 10 it does not start. just a black screen after the loading screen. The 0.13 trunk from this site does start now. But the keyboard controls are horrible to use. Stuff like picking something up with pressing g is not working. Saving with Shift S even with pressing enter is not working.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 26th September 2013, 15:30

Yeah, the keyboard pretty much doesn't work in tiles mode (Except for typing in names and stuff) You have to use the shortcut buttons to get to the menu.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 28th October 2013, 07:44

Siegurt wrote:Yeah, the keyboard pretty much doesn't work in tiles mode (Except for typing in names and stuff) You have to use the shortcut buttons to get to the menu.

Can you highlight some shortcut buttons and the short keys to access quickly?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th October 2013, 15:21

On the right side (In the lower right in the traditional layout, unless you specify in your init.txt, it's based on screen resolution whether it's along the right side or in the lower right along side the inventory) there's a series of buttons that represent categories of commands, when you tap on one of the categories, you'll see a series of picture buttons that let you do individual commands. Actions which can be taken on objects (wielding/wearing/eating/drinking/etc) are done by tapping on the object in the inventory objects.

Attacking and moving is done by clicking on the space you want to move to/on the monster you want to attack (One of the categories shows the monster details with colored health, you can tap on those to attack them if you want.)

Don't try to use the keyboard for anything unless it prompts you to.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 1st November 2013, 19:47

I've found using an ssh client and playing online with my phone to be playable, especially if you are melee focused.

Return to Technical Support