Can't locate usable version of Stone Soup on Sourceforge

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 23:14

Can't locate usable version of Stone Soup on Sourceforge

I realize that this is a problem very specific to my own situation, but as I've seen similarly specific posts in tech support, I hope you'll be patient with me here.

For reasons we don't need to get into, I'm currently using an old MacBook I have, version 10.4.11. I'm looking into getting a new computer but that is going to have to wait for a bit. I'd like to continue crawlin' in the meantime, but I'm having trouble locating a version of Crawl that will work for the computer I'm stuck with at the moment.

The most recent version I can download and use from Sourceforge is 0.8.1, however I remember playing a more recent version of Crawl on this computer in the past. I realize that the MOST recent version won't work, and that's fine, but if I could at least get 0.9 running I would greatly appreciate the help. I've been playing Crawl since 0.5, and axing victory dancing is in my opinion one of the best things to happen to the game since its inception, so anything 0.9 or later that I can run on this old half-broken MacBook would be much appreciated.

Any (deserved) ridicule slung my way for using a Mac, much less a seven-year old Mac, will be taken in stride—just please help a crawler out, as well!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 28th August 2013, 03:23

Re: Can't locate usable version of Stone Soup on Sourceforge

You can get 0.12.0 tiles from: http://crawl.develz.org/release/. It's not the latest release, but we unfortunately don't have anyone to do regular Mac builds at the moment. It's also becoming more and more difficult to build things that support older version of OS X, because Apple keeps dropping support for old platforms from their dev tools.

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
and into

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 28th August 2013, 21:51

Re: Can't locate usable version of Stone Soup on Sourceforge

Awesome, managed to get 10.3 tiles to work on my old laptop! Thank you so much for your prompt reply. As soon as I get a new computer I will be playing trunk, but for now this is way better than going back all the way to 0.8. Thanks again!

Return to Technical Support