Question on MarvinPA's rc-file

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 27th July 2013, 21:41

Question on MarvinPA's rc-file

Some time ago I read that MarvinPA's rc-file is quite popular and I copied it to my rc. Together with Elynae's list of uniques (e.g. more += Cerebov comes into view) it's the basis for my personal rc which is very useful.

There's one question though.

Originally, 'P' means putting on jewellry and 'R' means removing it. I'm used to react automatically in some situations, e.g. the amulet of rMut is 'M' in my games, and when I see a neqoxec I type 'PM' for putting on the amulet.

Unfortunately, the difference between 'P'utting on and 'R'emoving jewellry is gone in MarvinPA's rc and 'P' also removes jewellry if you wear it. As consequence the automatical 'PM' doesn't work. That's no problem if you need it a few times per game but it happens very often.

How do I get back the original 'P' for putting on and 'R' for removing jewellry? I had a look at bindkey but either that's not the right point or I'm doing something wrong. How does it work?

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 27th July 2013, 23:15

Re: Question on MarvinPA's rc-file

you have to set equip_unequip to false (or remove the option) and remove the bindkeys on T and R
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

For this message the author absolutego has received thanks:
Turukano

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 28th July 2013, 15:42

equip_unequip was the point I missed, now 'R' removes jewellry. Thanks!

Return to Technical Support