Binding escape to another key?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 2nd December 2014, 00:58

Binding escape to another key?

Is there any way to bind the escape's function to another key through bindkey or macros? Sometimes I like to play webtiles on Steam's in-game overlay browser but the only problem is Escape is one of the ways to close the overlay and it can't be changed as far as I know. I can leave some menus with either backspace, space, or enter, but some prompts like scrolls of amnesia seem to require you to press escape to disregard it.

I've tried bindkey-ing a key to CMD_TARGET_CANCEL and CMD_MAP_EXIT_MAP to no avail. Macroing a key to \{27} didn't work either.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 2nd December 2014, 01:25

Re: Binding escape to another key?

You have to macro your key to \{27} in each context you want to bind it (just using normal "macros" doesn't work during confirm or targeting or inventory prompts)

I believe that you want to bind a key to \{27} during "(c)onfirm" prompts. for what you're looking to do.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 2nd December 2014, 02:27

Re: Binding escape to another key?

Okay, that's what I was doing wrong. Makes sense why it wasn't working. Thanks for the help! :)

Return to Technical Support