New European webtiles server: lantea

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 30th May 2013, 10:44

New European webtiles server: lantea

Since CDO webtiles has been shut down many European players hope for a new webtiles server.

Immediately after 0.12 tournament lantea has started (like CDO it's located in Germany) and things seem to be in progress. Although actually there's no bot providing information to CAO scoring tables trunk games already can be played there. Edit: 0.12 games, not trunk, can be played there (see below).

Thanks for starting the server!
Last edited by Turukano on Saturday, 1st June 2013, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks: 2
Krag, nago

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 1st June 2013, 07:00

Dumping games on lantea results in the message
Char dumped to './rcs/[playername]/[playername].txt'.

Where can I find this dump? I looked e.g. for
crawl.lantea.net:8080/.rcs/[playername]/[playername].txt
but this doesn't work.

Does anybody have more information about the progress on lantea - will 0.12 games be possible, will scores be counted etc.?

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 1st June 2013, 09:00

Re: New European webtiles server: lantea

It should be noted: lantea isn't an official server at this stage, someone in the community is setting it up, but there is a reason there has been no official announcement regarding it at this stage.

For this message the author mumra has received thanks:
Krag

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 1st June 2013, 13:50

mumra wrote:there is a reason there has been no official announcement regarding it at this stage.

Yes, of course.

However, as it is the only way for me to play webtiles online, any additional information about lantea is welcome.

Server Admin

Post Saturday, 1st June 2013, 19:29

Sorry to disappoint you - at the current stage it is 0.12 - not trunk. I've been lazy with the labeling.

Anyway - I will be setting it up properly (with TV and all that) soon. Please have some patience, I'm currently a bit busy in real life (exams coming up and I have other things to do as well!).

We will also at some point set up a donation-app on the bottom of the page. It will show how much of our monthly expenses have been covered and how much they in fact are. The server will remain online regardless of whether or not the monthly expenses get covered!

Edit 2: disregard (the now removed) previous edit. Go play some 0.12 on the server - but don't expect that it will be stored. The server will be mercilessly taken down on Thursday or Friday (most likely the latter) and fixed up so that it can be officially a part of the community.

For this message the author TZer0 has received thanks: 3
Galefury, nago, Turukano

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 5th June 2013, 14:47

TZer0 wrote:The server will be mercilessly taken down on Thursday or Friday (most likely the latter) and fixed up so that it can be officially a part of the community.

Will it be possible to continue ongoing games after lantea has been restarted? This would be nice - in case it's doable for you without too much effort.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 9th June 2013, 20:02

Lantea is now an official server, recognised by Sequell, the scoring pages, etc. Many thanks to Aleksi and TZer0!

For this message the author neil has received thanks: 2
nago, Turukano

Return to Technical Support