Accidental revert to older savefile on CSZO?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 13:58

Accidental revert to older savefile on CSZO?

Hello,

I've been playing in the 0.12 tournament on the CSZO server. It appears that the game reverted itself to an earlier state?

In my current game, I killed off Xtahua (this is also registered on my playerpage as the most recent action: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.12/pl ... amite.html), and continued exploring the Vaults. During an fight I tried to cast a spell with Shift+Z, but I think my hand slipped and pressed something else, probably Shift + S, and then pressed y, which brought me out of the game and back into the main lobby. When I tried to get back into the game however, I think it reset itself to an earlier save where I just got out of Crypt. Xtahua is clearly marked as still alive in the game by the level notation, and a portion of my exploration was gone.

I haven't touched anything except logging back into the game and looking around the map. I'm not too sure if anything else got messed up, and I'd really hate to lose this character, so I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could check my game for me. Thanks! :)

Note: I've saved a screenshot of my playerpage stating I killed Xtahua in case it got updated or something.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 14:33

Re: Accidental revert to older savefile on CSZO?

Your game crashed, it wasn't actually a keyboard error:
http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/FluidDynamite/crash-FluidDynamite-20130514-134305.txt
http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/FluidDynamite/crash-recursive-FluidDynamite-20130514-134305.txt

When a game crashes it resets to the last time it was autosaved, typically this is when you entered the level. Yes this is abusable if you find a reliable way to crash the game ;)

This particular crash looks possibly related to casting Mass Confusion whilst mesmerised.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 14:41

Thanks mumra :) That was what I was worried about, it kind of felt like a savescum to me, and I'm not sure if this will disqualify this game from the tournament. I mean killing Xtahua twice with the same character has got to be a bit suspicious. :P Thanks again for the help!

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 14th May 2013, 16:47

Don't worry it won't be disqualified, it's not your fault if there was a bug! If a player found a reliable way to crash the game it'd get fixed pretty quickly -- and this helps us fix bugs anyway so it's not a bad thing ...

For this message the author mumra has received thanks:
FluidDynamite

Return to Technical Support