Crawl and screen

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2011, 14:24

Crawl and screen

Hello,

I have trouble running CAO Crawl game within GNU screen. On picture below you can see what's wrong - the left window is outside screen, the right one is within screen. Any idea how to get correct display in screen?

Mandevil

Won (all-rune in bold): MiGl MfDK MiBe HaHu CeWr DEFE HOFi LOFi OgVM HECj DsNe TrMo VSWz FoHu GrEE HuWn
Total 16 wins (2 all-rune)

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2011, 19:36

Re: Crawl and screen

Most of the people here on the forum tend to use the Trunk version of Tiles.
http://crawl.develz.org/trunk/
I am very unfamiliar with the ACSII version of tiles but i can tell you that i have never had a problem with the screen in the tiles version.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2011, 19:52

mandevil, the left side looks a bit wonky, too. I'm no expert in wonkiness but perhaps if you fixed it the right side would get better too.

omndra, thank you for being helpful and speaking for the forum
(no)

7hm

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 1st March 2011, 21:28

omndra wrote:Most of the people here on the forum tend to use the Trunk version of Tiles.
http://crawl.develz.org/trunk/
I am very unfamiliar with the ACSII version of tiles but i can tell you that i have never had a problem with the screen in the tiles version.

Can't play online with tiles. (not well at least, from what I've seen)

hxy

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 01:16

Are you using linux? Try xterm if you're playing ASCII online

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 06:39

Mandevil wrote:I have trouble running CAO Crawl game within GNU screen. On picture below you can see what's wrong - the left window is outside screen, the right one is within screen. Any idea how to get correct display in screen?

Looks to me like you're using Gnome Terminal and that your terminal background color is not quite black. I recall that some versions of Gnome Terminal default to a super-dark-grey as the terminal background instead of black. In any case, editing your terminal profile and changing the background color to real black should fix the grey smeariness.

Return to Technical Support