Compiling for the Beaglebone (ARM)

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 19th February 2013, 02:36

Compiling for the Beaglebone (ARM)

Can this game be compiled for ARM-7 architecture, like that of the Beaglebone? I'm running Angstrom on mine and when I went to compile the crawl source files, the make file got all the way to the end and then quit with an error message like "bison: m4 subprocess failed", and something related to /source/util/levcomp.tab.c and levcomp.tab.cc.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 19th February 2013, 04:36

Re: Compiling for the Beaglebone (ARM)

People appear to have encountered the same problem when building other programs that use bison on Angstrom. Google for 'angstrom bison "m4 subprocess"'; unfortunately, no one seems to have posted a solution yet.

The crawl source comes with prebuilt versions of all the bison outputs, for machines without bison/yacc. You can tell the Makefile to pretend you don't have bison (and therefore use the prebuilt files) by adding "NO_YACC=Yes" to the make command line. That should fix this particular problem at least; also make sure you have all the prerequisites or get the contrib submodules (see INSTALL.txt for more information).

Return to Technical Support