cannot enchant arrows?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 6th February 2013, 19:57

cannot enchant arrows?

Seems like some sort of bug. I am running the latest version "crawl-tiles 2:0.11.2-0~1" on ubuntu.

1.) I wield any sort of ammo : 1 javelin, 478 plain arrows, frost arrows, etc. The arrows show up in my weapon slot.
2.) I read the scroll via clicking on it or pressing r and entering the read scroll screen.
3.) I keep getting the message "You are not wielding a weapon."

Any advice?

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 6th February 2013, 20:00

Re: cannot enchant arrows?

Also, the enchant weapon scroll ends up working on regular weapons. I tried all 3 scroll types. Prior to attempting to enchant the arrow I mistakenly enchanted my artifact weapon - maybe that is related?

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 6th February 2013, 20:02

died a painful death in 0.11.
made us all very happy.

blog thingy wrote:Items: Ammo enchantment has been removed, which greatly simplifies inventory management for those who use ranged weaponry. Weapon skill now fills the role of ammo enchantment, instead. You can now abort changing your armour instead of slowly getting nibbled to death by a rat while putting on your shiny new crystal plate armour. Most fixed artefacts now start out identified. Weapons are identified by having a certain amount of the corresponding skill instead of by whacking plants with them. Rods of smiting are replaced with lightning rods that let you shoot cones of lightning. You can adjust the width of the cone to either do heavy damage to single targets or quickly clear out hordes of popcorn.
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

For this message the author absolutego has received thanks:
alibaba123

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 6th February 2013, 20:05

Oh thanks- I should have thought of reading the change-log.. I'll go ahead and do that :)

Return to Technical Support