Summoner options

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 26th January 2013, 18:54

Summoner options

Hi

I have no idea about how options work, and I have seen this advice in the Knowledge bot about summoners:

Tired of message spam? Add this line to your options: "message_colour ^= mute:Your.*(bites|misses|hits|stings)".

I added this to the init file, but it doesn't work.

Could you give me indications about this?

Thanks
DCSS wins: MiFi3; GrFi3; GrFi5; MiFi15; DECj3; CeHu15; VSFi15; HOBe15; MiBe15; DgFE3; DsBe; HEMo3; NaMo15; FoFi3; GrWn15; DDFi3; MuGl3; DEFE15

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 26th January 2013, 21:23

Re: Summoner options

What is the path to the init file you are using, and what OS are you on? Did you unzip files to install crawl, use an installer program, or build it from source? Or are you playing online? Tiles or console?

To figure out whether the option is entered wrong or you are using the wrong file, put this at the beginning of the file on its own line:
  Code:
 feature += wall {M}

If that turns walls into the letter M, then you're using the right file and need to adjust what you're putting in it.
If it doesn't turn walls into the letter M, then you need to find the right place to put the options file or figure out how to tell crawl where you options file is.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 26th January 2013, 22:07

Hi

I tried the "feature += wall {M}" thing, and it worked well.

But I usually play tiles (offline) , could it be a problem?
DCSS wins: MiFi3; GrFi3; GrFi5; MiFi15; DECj3; CeHu15; VSFi15; HOBe15; MiBe15; DgFE3; DsBe; HEMo3; NaMo15; FoFi3; GrWn15; DDFi3; MuGl3; DEFE15

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 27th January 2013, 01:55

You didn't leave the # at the beginning of the line, did you?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 27th January 2013, 02:55

I don't use this particular setting myself, but here are two things to try.

Make sure this is on a line by itself:
  Code:
message_colour ^= mute:Your.*(bites|misses|hits|stings)

If that doesn't work, try:
  Code:
message_colour += mute:Your.*(bites|misses|hits|stings)

I'm not sure what ^= is suppsed to do. "=" sets the whole list to whatever you specify, so you can ruin other message color settings by using that. += adds the specified setting to the end of the existing setting.

You also need to make sure that there aren't other lines in your file that start with "message_color =" because that will overwrite the setting you are adding. If they start with "message_color +=" they won't overwrite.

Feel free to copy and paste your whole options file into the forum between code tags.

Return to Technical Support