Ally autopickup resets

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 17th December 2012, 22:33

Ally autopickup resets

Every time I go down a floor, ally autopickup resets to only picking up stuff allies drop. I edited the init.txt file, and when I boot up a character ally autopickup is initially "all", but it still resets to ally-only every floor. This seems irrational, and makes playing a Beoghite intensely aggravating.

I'm playing the .12 Android version, if that has any relevancy.

Is there some other setting, separate from int.txt or elsewhere in init.txt that has to be edited to alter the floor change choice, or is this supposed to run off the same setting and isn't, or is it just untouchable, period? I've tried trawling everything I can think of for an answer and nothing has helped.

Another, minor curiosity is my init.txt file seems to be set to booting new characters on Manual skills training, and that's not what happens. I'd assume I was editing the wrong file, but as said above, editing init.txt DID change the initial boot setting for ally autopickup, so I am just baffled.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 05:29

Re: Ally autopickup resets

Good catch; I've noticed allies stopping picking things up "after time" and thought that was the case, but apparently it isn't!
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 09:43

It is intentional that the behaviour is reset to the default_friendly_pickup option when changing level. Although, I don't see the point of it.
However, the fact that it is set to a different setting on game start and on level change seems like a bug. No idea what's causing it. What is the path to your init.txt?
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 17:32

galehar wrote:It is intentional that the behaviour is reset to the default_friendly_pickup option when changing level. Although, I don't see the point of it.
However, the fact that it is set to a different setting on game start and on level change seems like a bug. No idea what's causing it. What is the path to your init.txt?

Root/Android/data/org.develz.crawl/file/settings/init.txt

I figured resetting on level was intentional, I'm just mystified why initial boot can be altered if it doesn't alter what changing levels resets it to. I changed init.txt so I could stop (forgetting to) repeatedly telling my orcs to pick up whatever, after all.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 22:15

No idea what's going on. I can't reproduce the bug on Linux. I would test it on android, but I can't send ^t with the virtual keyboard which reminds me that we need buttons for t and ^t
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 18th December 2012, 22:47

Do you mean you can't use control 't' to change ally autopickup settings? Because *t is how I do that on Android.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean.

EDIT: I just tested what happens if I (*t)ell my allies to (d)efault: it sets them to only collecting ally drops.

So apparently I've changed the initial boot setting, but not what the game considers to be default? It seems?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 19th December 2012, 00:07

of course *t, I keep forgetting about it. Well, it seems like I have the bug too, but for me, the option doesn't work at all, even for initial setting.

Return to Technical Support