Download files coruption?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 19th December 2010, 17:03

Download files coruption?

I've tried downloading both the tiled Windows .zip file and the installer, and I'm getting a corruption error about 1/3 of the way through unzipping the file, and the installer exits with a similar message.

What gives?

Server Admin

Post Sunday, 19th December 2010, 18:58

Re: Download files coruption?

I checked both zip files currently available:
  Code:
No errors detected in compressed data of crawl-0.8.0-a0-3905-gfb45791.zip.
No errors detected in compressed data of crawl_tiles-0.8.0-a0-3905-gfb45791.zip.
Try again? Problem with free space on your local disk?
Please report bugs to the bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 02:32

21.3 GB free disk space, no problem.

Tried switching browsers that I downloaded with, no effect.

I'm stumped and I'm bummed. I love this game and I want to get the current version on this computer. I suppose that my next try will be to try a different computer - that'll take some effort. But I don't have problems downloading anything else with this one.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 04:52

Do you have some weird antivirus program that doesn't like DCSS for some reason, and doesn't communicate very well?

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 08:25

This happens only with DCSS download? Try to download some other little zipped programms and check. For a time I got very often CRC-errors, when trying to unzip downloads. Reason was my modem had some very unhealthy current harmonics and voltage variations.
We could try to send you a zipped file of DCSS per e-mail.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 13:16

No, it also happens with other large file downloads.

I have a dim memory of possibly similar problems being caused by a disagreement between the wireless modem speed and my laptop reception speed. Might this be the case? I did a quick google and didn't come up with anything definitive.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 14:09

Use a download manager which can show a flow process chart of bit/s. It should show a more or less constant line. If there are many 'spikes' or even drops to 0 in the chart, something with with your connection hardware (modem, router, splitter, cables or network interface card) could be wrong. Sometimes it can even happen when nothing is damaged but there is much 'cable spaghetti' under the desk.

Return to Technical Support