Auto-slot items

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 15:48

Auto-slot items

I know there's an rcfile option to automatically assign a spell to a certain letter whenever you learn it, but is there a way to automatically assign an item to a particular inventory letter?

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 16:01

BlackSheep wrote:is there a way to automatically assign an item to a particular inventory letter?

Yes, this would be nice, so I ask this question too. I got used to assigning a ring of rF+ to 'f', a ring of rPois to 'p' etc.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 16:49

Re: Auto-slot items

While I don't recall ever hearing of such an option, implementing it would require that you consider the following:

1) What should happen if you pick up 2 or more of the item in question?
2) What happens when you drop the item in question? What about if you have multiple?
3) Should it consider curse status?
4) Should it be overridden by manual assignments (e.g. consider if you have a =rF+ for your swap example above, and pick up an artifact =Regen with rF++.)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 16:54

I would envision it working the way the spell assignment option does. You provide a list of letters as possible slots, and the game will go through them in order attempting to put the item in that slot if it is empty. If it isn't empty, it will pick the next available slot as usual. There could be a secondary option that would force a letter swap on pickup, but I wouldn't make that the default behavior.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 17:13

Would having them autoinscribed with @1 thorugh @9 be close enough? Then you can use P1 instead of Pf.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 5th December 2012, 17:23

Well, my original purpose has a different fix (fire_order option), so my interest is more academic at this point.

Return to Technical Support