Tourney question

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 22nd October 2012, 00:45

Tourney question

So crawl.s-z.org is unreachable right now with my current tourney char. If I start a new game on cdo, will I lose my current sz game? Can you theoretically play multiple characters at the same time in the tournament on the different servers?
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 22nd October 2012, 09:17

Re: Tourney question

You can, but they won't count for the purposes of streaking wins.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 22nd October 2012, 13:11

Ok, so if I'm playing a game on server a, and play a bunch of games on server b, but after I win that game on a, I can only streak on server a?
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 22nd October 2012, 13:40

From the rules page:
For every game in a streak, the start time of the game must be later than the previous game's end time. This will always be the case if you play all your games on one server.
If you're playing on multiple servers simultaneously, note that you cannot start game A and game B concurrently on two servers and win both in succession to earn streak points.

Not sure if I'm following your wording correctly, but I think in your example once you've finished your game on server A, you could then start a new game (on any server) and it would be valid for streaking.

Return to Technical Support