Is Ctrl-Q broken?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 04:36

Is Ctrl-Q broken?

I seem to have lost the ability to Quit a character. Ctrl-Q does nothing. The in-game documentation says this is how you quit without saving.

I know it's probably something really stupid. Could it be related to using the Dvorak keyboard layout?

EDIT: It's actually "Ctrl-Shift-Q". The in-game documentation makes the Shift implicit by showing "Q" rather than "q". The stupid thing is I think I knew that, I just forgot because I hadn't Quit a character in a while.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 05:23

Re: Is Ctrl-Q broken?

Hmm, well, you seem to have answered your own question. :)

I'm curious though, what does Dvorak layout do to VI keys? Does it assign a new set of keys in the same layout, or are they still HJKLYUBN, and just scattered about?

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 06:19

I believe there's a setting for dvorak vi keys, but I have no interest. Vi keys are way too unintuitive for me to use over the old numpad and mouse.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 4th January 2011, 19:32

Wolfechu wrote:I'm curious though, what does Dvorak layout do to VI keys? Does it assign a new set of keys in the same layout, or are they still HJKLYUBN, and just scattered about?

A lot of commands are moved around to keep the center row reserved for the vi keys. The help is even smart enough to recognize this and will display the correct (reassigned) keys.
Please report bugs to Crawl's bug tracker, and leave feedback on the development wiki. Thank you!

Return to Technical Support