Init file in compiled version.

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 16:59

Init file in compiled version.

I need a little bit of help. Atm I'm using the self compiled version of Crawl trunk (download and compiled using MSysGit), and while there is a "settings" folder inside the directory, there is no init.txt file to configure.. I actually just wanted to change "easy_eat_chunks" but can't figure out where to find the file..

Any tips?

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 19:02

Re: Init file in compiled version.

In the tarball there is a settings/ini.txt. Try downloading it (I'll try to attach it here).
Otherwise launch crawl with --extra-opt-first easy_eat_chunks :)
Attachments
init.txt
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

For this message the author palin has received thanks:
Neon

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 19:37

You can just create the init.txt and put whatever you want in it. Crawl now works fine with an empty config files, all the default are hard-coded.
If you do a "make install DESTDIR=/c/crawl", it will be installed in c:\crawl with a settings folder containing an init.txt file with all the stuff commented out.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 20:19

Well, creating my own init file doesn't really help.. And any way to force it to generate it with the init.txt, but in it's default directory, without the "install destdir.." thing?

Edit:
Well, tired the install thing, and it hangs at CXX mapdef.o I'll stick with normal make..

Edit2:
Apparently now creating the init file worked. Now only where to get complete list of commands..

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 11th October 2012, 22:11

There's the original init.txt in the settings directory with the sources. It's at the same level as source, not inside.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support